The Series 2 Club Forum
December 11, 2017, 01:21:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snow is on its way ...

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  |  Home  
Author Topic: The Series 2 Club on the Internet ...  (Read 8632 times)
Wittsend
Administrator ...
who is all knowing

« on: February 21, 2014, 05:26:47 PM »

The Land Rover Series 2 Club has 2 totally separate presences on the Internet (not counting Facebook)

1) This Forum
&
2) The S2C Website (link button at the top of this page under our logo) - and also here ----> S2C Website

some points:

1) Only current paid-up S2C members get access to the "Members' Lounge" on this forum - this includes access to many of the Land Rover Service Newsletters.

2) If you are an S2C member and can't see this "hidden" section - then you have not informed me of your membership details.

3) Only current paid-up S2C members get access to the "Members' Section" on the website - this includes access to the Vehicle Database and all the past issues of Built Two Last.

4) If you are an S2C member and can't access this section on the website then you have not informed me of your membership details.

5) It takes time for the current membership list to reach me - sadly it's not online.

6) It takes time for the lapsed members list to reach me - some lucky users may still be able to access these areas because I've not been told they are no longer members. Eventually we catch up with them and they then get their access blocked.

7) Some members are late payers and they come off the membership list, they then get their access blocked, then they "rejoin" the club and can't access the members' only areas - because I've not been told.

8) New members to the club don't automatically get access to the membership areas - you have to ask for a) your forum account to be upgraded to S2C Member Status and b) ask me to create a members account for website access.

Basically, if you are a paid-up member of the S2C and you want your forum account upgrading, then you just have to drop me an email or PM.
Same for access to the members' area on the website. Email or PM me your details and I'll set your account up.

Any questions regarding your current S2C membership status should be addressed to Dave Snape or membership sec.

I'm sorry it's complicated, new members do get instructions in their welcome pack and we do run "refresher" articles in B2L from time-to-time.

RHD
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:37:44 PM by Wittsend » Logged

S2 Club member 980 and carer for    and Panda Po the SWB camper

Megageoff
S2C member
Bulkhead Inspector

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 06:04:50 PM »

Hi, I see that the club is updating and moving forward in this smartphone heavy time, do you know if there is an app that will access this forum? or will there be one in the near future?
thanks
Geoff.
w3526602
S2C member
Green Bible basher

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 06:10:21 PM »

The Land Rover Series 2 Club has 2 totally separate presences on the Internet

Hi,

That explains one question on the survey that confused me. Website? Forum? Same thing, isn't it? Sorted!

AlexB
S2C member
Master of the Oils

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 06:16:26 PM »

Hi, I see that the club is updating and moving forward in this smartphone heavy time, do you know if there is an app that will access this forum? or will there be one in the near future?
thanks
Geoff.

One of our members has volunteered to produce such a thing. I will chase and see how far things are.

Alex
1971 Dormobile
1963 Dormobile project
1959 88 Project

"Ne jetez plus ! Ce qui est inutile pour vous, est utile pour les autres" Abbé Pierre
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  |  Home  

Jump to:  

If anyone has concerns about any of the postings here, please contact the Forum Administrator. Please read our posting guidelines in the Terms of Use and our disclaimer.
The Series 2 Club Ltd. is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
The Original Theme Green