S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: More DISABLED stuff.  (Read 2594 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: More DISABLED stuff.
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2022, 02:53:58 PM »

Hi,

First the good news ... Barbara has booked transport to come home at 09.00hrs tomorrow morning.

Second good news, they delivered the hoist to lift her between her power chair and the bed ...

... after which it went pear shaped.

The hoist cannot be fitted to the bed, so they have taken it away again.

Then more good news ... Barbara says she is coming home anyway.

Me? I know my place!

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2022, 06:41:00 AM »

Hi,

Well, she's home, but very immobile, with difficulty moving from power-chair to bed, or power-chair to  arm-chair, and returns. On the other hand, while in hospital, she was introduced to some garment that obviates the need to answer "calls of nature".  ??? I have not investigated too deeply yet, but suspect it might be related to something similar advertised on TV. Er ... I have not mentioned this to you, you understand, but I feel this is ta giant step for mankind, that everybody should know about.

At one point in time, yesterday, we must have had about ten assorted ladies, in various uniforms, wandering round the bungalow, performing mystic rites. I have no idea what they were doing, but Wilkie was in seventh heaven.

Something else I have learned  ... 4" diameter plastic wheels are not very good when wheeling heavy trolleys over carpet. Luckily, almost as soon as we moved into this bungalow, we had a leak (£15,000, covered by insurance) which meant replacing carpet and floor in lounge/diner and hall. I can't remember what was on the kitchen floor, but it meant ripping out the entire kitchen, units and all. The bathroom was/is totally waterproof up to skirting level. I guess we can live with re-covering our bedroom and my study floors, to match the rest.  I'm working towards persuading Barbara that we need a set of bunk beds in my study, casual visitors for the use of, and maybe a small caravan in the side garden ... which now has two metre high fencing on three sides, and the bungalow on the fourth.  Remind me to investigate PERMITTED DEVELOPMENT ... which I think allows a caravan for either 14, or 28 days per year.  I can't remember if there is a sting in the tail. Anybody?

PS. A little memory has returned. Land can be used for any purpose. for 28 days in a year, EXCEPT, motor racing, a caravan site, clay pidgeon shooting, and an open air market ... which are restricted to 14 days in a year. ... I think.

However, my daughter, also Milton Keynes, is specifically permitted to keep a caravan (my granddaughter's den) in the front garden, but nobody may sleep in it. I must check MY deeds.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2022, 06:36:55 AM »

Hi,

It seems I'm not alone in my thoughts, but the Courts disagree.

Check out https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn07160/

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2022, 07:14:51 AM »

Hi,

I see (or I think I do) that the "age bar" is going to be lifted to 68. Does that mean that someone who had lost their entitlement at 65, could then become re-entitled at 67?

Whatever, If you can see it coming, get your claim in before you hit the glass ceiling.

Just because I'm paranoid (and still paying income tax) does not mean they are not out to get me.

On the home front, two Social Workers are still calling four times a day, and will continue to do so for ... er ...either another 180 days, or is it a total of 180 days? One of the girls declared that I am on their Care List, too, and made me some peanut butter sandwiches.   :cheers

We are still waiting delivery of Barbara's hospital bed, coz the feet of her "engine hoist" will not roll under the wooden frame of out Adjustamatic double bed (actually two singles joined at head and foot boards). I'm still pondering on moving that into my study as one single, two singles, or a double.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2022, 11:49:11 AM »

Hi,

Slight change of subject ...

Barbara emailed from hospital, to our ACCIDENT INSURERS, telling them of her misfortune. Of course, she didn't have the Policy Number about her person, but assumed they would be able to find that from her name and address.

Apparently they couldn't, or didn't want to.

I don't know what the payment should be per day in hospital, but I suspect it is worth having. All the paperwork is in the bottom drawer of the bureau.

And then the "thick plottened". Letter arrives saying that the policy time expires on her 80th birthday ... which was four days after she was admitted to hospital. Should any payment be for that four days, or for the time that she actually spent in hospital?

Can anybody advise on Insurer's Policy in cases like this.

PS. Just to thicken the plot a little more, I've just remembered that Barbara spent a night in hospital, after a fall, several weeks ago. Ambulance involved.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2022, 08:16:02 PM »

Hi,

Ref Barbara claiming accident insurance, the hoops that have to be jumped through make it not worth the bother for just a couple of weeks in hospital.
Milestone today ... her Care Workers craned her out of bed, into her traditional wheel-chair, then into the living room, and into her armchair ... first time out of bed since her fall. I suppose that counts as progress.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.