S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PARKING COWBOYS v BLUE BADGES  (Read 1332 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
PARKING COWBOYS v BLUE BADGES
« on: February 22, 2022, 07:51:41 AM »

Hi,

I've been browsing for DISABLED PARKING, and came across this website ... https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/

There is a lot more, but this Technowimp has difficulty following his own footprints.

It's interesting reading, if you can find your way through it.

eg: ... "tell the parking attendant, or appeal stating that you have a legal right to to use the space, and provide any evidence you may have. At that point, the Oarking Company should not pursue the charge since it would then be be disability discrimination under the Equality Act"

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
Re: PARKING COWBOYS v BLUE BADGES
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 08:27:47 AM »

Hi,

Here is another site that I hadn't previously seen .... https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/private-parking-tickets/

I don't know if there is anything hidden deeper.

Parking Cowboys

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 03:16:20 PM »

Hello, I run Parking Cowboys. Trying to decipher what the problem is with the disabled parking page?

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 09:45:34 AM »

Howdy Cowboy.  :cheers

I wish I could tell you what's wrong, but I'm an 83 year-old  "Techno Wimp of the First Water," unfitted for the modern world.

I will keep ploughing on, and come back to you when in a position to describe where I am.

I assume you are new to this forum ... so briefly, my wife is about to turn 80. Her right arm was crippled (shoulder elbow, wrist and grip) by a doctor when she was three days old ... right procedure if carried out immediately she was born. She never let it hold her back.  I taught her to drive in a 1951 Sunbeam Talbot 90, on Penang Island. She had on professional (appraisal ) lesson before taking/passing her test in South London. She has driven some brutal cars, historic rallied her TVR, and been stopped on the M4 twice, at well over 100mph in her Honda CRX. Clean licence and full NCD. Hit 125mph in a Ferrari, round Silverstone ... for her 70th birthday ... best prezzy ever.

Now only a few days from her 80th birthday, she is now unable to stand without something to hang onto due to arthritis in both knees.  Virtually all walking aids require two hands, but she has a power-chair with single handed joystick control.

A couple of months ago, she needed to visit the dentist ... who said that next time she will need to transfer to the proper dentist's chair (which ain't going to happen). On returning to her car, she was unable to transfer back onto the car seat, and spent a long time hanging onto the passenger door, gradually getting weaker, not helped by advice from the passing rubber necks  Getting into the driver's seat is easier, as she can use the steering wheel as a struggling bar. She recently drove her car (first time since Lock-Down started). No problem apart from finding the clutch pedal painful to use, so it looks like we are going to be disposing of the Freelander, and trading in her Hyundai Ix20 Scortched Cat Mobile, for an automatic.

I'm joining the same club, unable to bend either knee more than 90 degree, so limping with both legs, taking 6" steps. If somewhere is more than 50 yards away, I either take the car, or don't go.

Power to your elbow!

602 (John)

PS. This morning, Barbara was transferring from the bed to her power-hair, and got stuck sitting on the very edge of the mattress, unable to continue into her power-chair, nor back into bed. The only way was down, which would have meant "free-fall". She was there for nearly two hours, before able to get back into bed, and start again ... after cancelling the ambulance.

Nobody seems to care ... I suspect the Bean Counters.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 06:21:30 PM »

Howdy again, Cowboy.

Frankly, I could remember that I'd met a problem logging onto www.parkingcowbys.co.uk but could not remember what the problem was.

Whatever, I have just tried re-tracing my steps, and found that the first stage of logging on, is to click on the CHROME option, with no other option (that I could see, being available.

I have no idea what CHROME is, so I aborted.

PS, This Technowimp converted to Windows 10, fairly recently. Since then, I have been unable to access my email. Perhaps that is an indication of my level of incompetence/evolution.

Parking Cowboys

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 08:53:41 PM »

Ok, well best of luck. Hope you find the information on our website of use.

martinthefirst

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 4519
  • .:
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 09:41:02 AM »

Try clicking this link (you had a missing "o" in your link):

https://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/
Land Rover Series IIA 1964, 3.9 V8, Designa chassis
Morris Minor Convertible 1961

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2022, 04:18:56 AM »

Hi,

Thanks all.

Just something else I found in my travels ....

If the off-street car park has less than 200 spaces, it should have 3 bays dedicated for a disabled person’s use. If it has over 200 spaces, it should have 4 bays plus 4% total capacity.

I note that is says "Dsabled Person" not "Blue Badge Holder"

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 04:45:02 AM »

Hi again,

So then I searched minimum  sizes for Disabled Parking Bays, and found thid ...

In light of advice received from the Disabled Persons Transport Advisory Committee, minimum dimensions are still prescribed for bays reserved for disabled badge holders. These must be a minimum of 6.6 m long, 2.7 m wide, or 3 m wide where placed in the centre of the carriageway. There is an exception for cases where, on account of the nature of traffic using the road, the overall width of the carriageway is insufficient to accommodate a bay of that width

This one is of particular of interest to me, but I think I will have to ask my Parish Councillor about who owns a  particular car park ... the obvious owner, ... or the pub next door.

Hmmm! Even with a 3 metre wide parking bay, with traffic passing both side, I imagine that it will be interesting decanting an invalid from a car into a wheelchair ... more so if doors have to be opened on both sides.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.