The Land Rover Series 2 Club Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Here comes the rain ...   

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2022 South West Camping Weekend – Thursday 16th through to 19th June 2022  (Read 3009 times)

GUF4

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 2691
  • .:

A massive thanks to everyone that came along and made yet another brilliant weekend despite the very damp BBQ.

It was wonderful seeing you all queuing outside the Marquee in the pouring rain for a burnt sausage.  :essen :essen

Thanks also to all those that helped with the BBQ, Dave LH, Karen, Tilly, Carolyn, Ian and Gary.

Thanks Gary for helping me prepare for the BBQ and thanks to the Three Judges (Dave G, Tim V and Ian)  for choosing the winner of the King Dick Competition, More on that Later  :banana :banana

Hope you all got home OK.

I spent the day yesterday off loading my Van and drying the tent and Marquee out. Pretty much back to normal now.

Cheers

Clive

GUF4

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • .:

King Dick Winner :- Stuart Keeves, (Shuey)  Well done Stuart, a great old tool  :first :first

GUF4

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • .:

King Dick 2022  :first :first :banana :banana

GUF4

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • .:

Our Soaking Wet BBQ raised £240.00 for Devon Air Ambulance  :first :first Thank you all  :tiphat :tiphat

Fluffle-Valve

• Carawagon Owner
  • S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 2919
  • .:
  • So Love me, Love my Dogs.
    • Blogspot

That is one BBQ I'll never forget.
I thought I would take the doggies  :dog-run out for a run first and drop in on the BBQ  :essen on my way back.

I got absolutely soaked but managed to keep the Burger dry with the help of Clives Brolly.
This is my Dormawagon.

Fluffle-Valve

• Carawagon Owner
  • S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 2919
  • .:
  • So Love me, Love my Dogs.
    • Blogspot

King Dick 2022  :first :first :banana :banana
Nice Landy in the background.

GUF4

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • .:

Nice Landy in the background.

Not Bad at all  :RHD :RHD :RHD

GUF4

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • .:

Please see below copy of the message received from Devon Air Ambulance thanking everyone for their donations  :tiphat :tiphat

Cheers

Clive

Dear Clive

Thank you so much to you and all your Land Rover club members for your generous donation of £240 that you made via our website.

I hope you all had a fabulous time at your weekend away and that the weather was kind to you back in June.

It has been a crazy few weeks with the weather that is for sure. We are currently enjoying a bit of rain.. who would have thought we would ever say that.

The support of you and your club is so very much appreciated. 2021 was our busiest year on record: attending over 300 more jobs than we did in 2020. These extra missions and patients attended are only possible due to the dedicated support from people like you.
With 2022 being our 30th anniversary, we are so proud of the 30 years of care we have provided to the people of Devon and we are so grateful to you for supporting us and helping us to ensure we can continue our vital service for another 30 years.
I hope you are enjoying some cooler weather there in Suffolk, it has been a crazy couple of weeks, but finally we have some rain here in Devon which is very welcomed.
Once again, please accept my sincerest thanks, on behalf of Devon Air Ambulance, for your taking the time to make the donation.

Jo-Anne Rigby
Acting Head of Fundraising
Devon Air Ambulance Trust
01392 466 666 ext 125
www.daat.org
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 18 queries.