The Land Rover Series 2 Club Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Here comes the rain ...   

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drive it day Central shires area  (Read 274 times)

northantsjames

• S2C Member
  • Member no : 5205
  • .:
Drive it day Central shires area
« on: April 22, 2022, 09:09:15 PM »

National drive it day we have planned to meet at the Harrold and Odell Country Park at Carlton Road, Harrold, Bedford MK43 7DS on Sunday 24th April

This is a pleasant country park with walks round the lake or along the river. There are a couple of play areas for kids and lots of space for dogs. There is a café and toilets. Café does bacon and sausage rolls up to 11.30 am each day and they do pasties, cheese rolls and paninis all day.

Suggest to meet up at 10am for a bacon roll and tea or coffee at the café (or brew your own on a camp stove). When entering the country park it's best to head straight on to the overflow car park. The one next to the café etc is quite small. There is an honesty box to pay a £1 parking fee.

If you would like to do a short road run to fly the flag. There's quite a nice circular route: turn left leaving the park, drive through Carlton/Chillington, turn right at junction to Stevington, turn left at Mushroom Hill to Oakley, then head to Pavenham, turn right at Pavenham to Felmersham, then a right and left at Felmersham and over the gravel pits towards Sharnbrook, at the T junction turn left towards Odell, through Odell and turn left towards Harrold and back to the country park. That's a run of about 12 miles. Or there are shorter loops that can be done as you'll see on the attached map. I would suggest if going in convoy a maximum of 3 cars for safety reasons.

Please let me know if you would like to attend

Happy motoring
James

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: Drive it day Central shires area
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 11:09:26 AM »

Hi James,

That sounds interesting, and I'd like to come, albeit in my Freelander.

But as always, Barbara has been confined to bed (nobody has told us exactly why) for a couple of months now, and I'm reluctant to leave her for more than an hour, IF necessary.

Whatever, enjoy!

PS, At least my daily observance, by a young lady while taking a shower (Don't ask! I don't know why)  -  no assistance other than drying my feet and pulling pulling my socks on,  has finished. Doh!

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 980
  • .:
Re: Drive it day Central shires area
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 12:58:28 PM »

:FBHVC
The FBHVC "Drive it Day" is held every year on the Sunday closest to St. George's Day since 2005 - which as we all know is April 23rd   :saint george

I'm afraid you're too late for this year - but there will be drive outs next year.

Widely regarded as the 1st weekend of the "car show season" this is a chance for classic car owners to give their pride and joys a final polish and start their engines.

Many clubs and groups will have organised events under the FBHVC Drive it Day banner.
The Series 2 Club is no exception - watch these pages for news of the 2023 event.
Or - just get your vehicle out and have a drive around.

:RHD
Who's a then ?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 17 queries.