The Land Rover Series 2 Club Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Here comes the rain ...   

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ''Bacon and Brakes'' Sunday 5th June, Leuchars, Fife  (Read 309 times)

Genem

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
''Bacon and Brakes'' Sunday 5th June, Leuchars, Fife
« on: May 25, 2022, 09:45:13 PM »

Hello Folks, we have been invited to "Bacon & Brakes", a monthly classic car meeting at the Rhynd Cafe in Tentsmuir Forest just north of Leuchars in Fife.  Sunday 5th June is the next one...

https://www.therhynd.com/bacon-and-brakes

The owner of the Cafe is a new Club member and recently inherited a 1963 2A from his Uncle, shipped back to the UK from Australia ! -  so he has invited us to the monthly classics meeting he has been running for a while. Basically its an open invitation to turn up, have a bacon roll and a coffee, wander about and peer under the bonnets of whatever we bring and the other classics that will be there, nice and informal.  The timings are supposedly 10-12 but Ed says people often turn up earlier, the Cafe opens at 8.30....  Ed also has access to some land so we can discuss the potential for future events...

Probably a bit of a hike for West Coast members but it should be "in range" for Edinburgh, Stirling, Perth, Dundee based members ?? 

I'll plan to be there for 10.00, see you there !!

Cheers,

Gene

I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

nathanglasgow

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 5123
  • .:
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 10:09:31 PM »

Sigh, working that weekend again. Roll on retirement. 21 months and counting.
1967 Rover 10(ex mil 2a swb)
1970 lwb  ex Singer sewing machine factory Clydebank fire appliance

lurch032003

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 4256
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2022, 12:16:47 PM »

I be heading from west calder way around 8:30am will have cb on channel  2 fir anyone to give a shout on way up.
I won’t be going fast taking my time as it a bit of a travel so if u see me give me a holler or peep as u pass me lol see u all there . Pic of Landy so you know who to look out for for some reason it’s on its side in pic just hope I’m won’t be lol .

I git thus info from gene
Craigie Farm, Leuchars KY16 0DR

In Tentsmuir Forest a bit north of Leuchars

Genem

• Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 03:36:09 PM »

I'm planning on setting off about 8am and and heading via Stirling along the "Hillfoots" road.

G.

Genem

• Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 06:27:47 PM »

....and I'd forgotten just how slow going it is along much of that road, lots of 20mph & 30mph sections.... Never mind, a beautiful day for a drive. Met up with 4-5 other S2C members at the event, well over 100 Classics in attendance, other Landrovers too, including a genuine "Camel Trophy" 90.  A fair bit of interest in our vehicles and people wanting to chat !  I'm told the Jaguar XK I was parked near used to belong to Liz Taylor....someone else said Richard Burton... Nice car anyway !

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.