S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Why the internet is overtaking "face to face" shopping...  (Read 388 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:

Hi,

I had to visit MK General Hospital to have my retina photographed (suspect diabetes) This required drops in my eyes, so no driving back home.

Taxi fare is £5 each way. Also, at that time, I needed a wheel chair, so a taxi was not viable. My daughter's friend (also a bank manager) took the afternoon off to drive me into the hospital, and push my wheelchair.

To the point, the hospital serves the town AND the surrounding county. Actually MK isn't too bad, but in many towns the hospitals are located to suit the Townees ... and the Hinterlanders can make their own travel arrangements.

Last week ... amazement ... my diabetic nurse phoned to say the my last "liquid" analysis showed a sugar reading of just over 5, so my regime is obviously working. Regime? What regime? It has been many years since there has been any sugar in the house, and there in no milk either. Our coffee is taken black, and I have 6 tablespoonfulls of Greek style (not sour) yoghourt on my breakfast soggies, plus a handfull of sultanas. One Mars bar eaten daily. Can anyone tell me where one buys sour yoghourt .... I used to love it, as a kid.

Our new lady (and young) GP visited to, to say hullo. I mentioned my diabetes, told her I suspected my funny turns were due to my denture cleaning tablets. No more funny turns after reducing their use to Sunday nights only. She made a written note. I hope she goes far.
Barbara's care workers have ceased their free service, and are being replaced by another team, with hints that there will be a charge.

Hmmm! I have found a web-site that says they cannot charge her for "NURSING", so we shall see. My source says that care workers are not allowed to carry out nursing duties. Watch this space.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.