The Land Rover Series 2 Club Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Heat wave coming ...   

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Potential Loch Ard Forest run 14th August ( Starting Aberfoyle)  (Read 249 times)

Genem

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:

Some good news, Forestry & Land Scotland have included a specific category in their "Events" licensing for "4x4 Drive Through". Previously they only referred to "Motor Sport" with thinking centred on major "Rally" events. They are also still listed - starting price for a license, £10,000 plus a £5 per mile per vehicle - not cheap !

The new 4x4 Drive through category is a lot better, £90 for the event license and for low speed events below 10 vehicles no extra cost. Above 10 vehicles its an extra £3 per vehicle.
For speeds above 15mph its £100 a mile and all the safety implication of a full on Rally. We'll not be venturing into that arena !  - The cost is due to the damage Rally speeds do to their track network.

I've put a bid in for a days driving on 14th August, date still to be confirmed, the request is "being circulated" within their offices... Fingers Crossed. If it goes ahead the thought will be a 10am start from the car-park behind the woollen mill at Aberfoyle, finish mid afternoon, packed lunch and camera job...   

I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

Genem

• Master of the oils
  • .:
Re: Potential Loch Ard Forest run 14th August ( Starting Aberfoyle)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2022, 02:17:42 PM »

Looking as if Forestry will agree to the date but its still churning round their offices... 

We can have 10 vehicles plus me....there are 3 places left...

Cheers,

Gene.

Genem

• Master of the oils
  • .:
Loch Ard Forest run 14th August (Starting Aberfoyle)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2022, 05:30:52 PM »

Email this afternoon, we have the Permit !   1 place left if you want to email me...

I'll be doing the confirmatory route-recce on Sunday evening...

:cheers

Genem

• Master of the oils
  • .:
Re: Potential Loch Ard Forest run 14th August ( Starting Aberfoyle)
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 11:06:19 PM »

Confirmatory Recce complete. Forestry have gone daft with Gates during Covid, luckily I have the key....  Route will start in Aberfoyle and head almost straight into the Forest, 35Km of off-tarmac route taking us up to almost 1000ft on the flanks of Ben Lomond and another 10Km of single-track road back to Aberfoyle..  Sorry all the places are taken now but we'll be organising more events like this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 18 queries.