S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Petrol prices ... yes petrol  (Read 5220 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: Petrol prices ... yes petrol
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2022, 06:03:01 AM »

What has transpired, is her workplace has now intruded into our home, which means I have to be quiet, invisible and deaf when she's on Zoom video calls etc, and of course, we are now paying extra heating and energy costs. 

Hi,

I assume everybody knows that the Tax Man will look favourably on claims for the use of your home as an office. Does anybody have any details about "How much is acceptable"?

Exile ... I envy you. I'm currently in a state of "Marital Discord", about which car is to be "culled" ... my Freelander, or Barbara's Hyundai. Maybe I should remind her that it was her SAAB (running amok) that wrote of my beautiful Disco ... for which I received £650 from her insurers. (The assessors stopped detailing the cost of repairing the SAAB, when the "body part" count hit £7,000. I think the only visible panel that wasn't buckled was the passenger door. Damage to the driver's side was transmitted across the car.)

DogDave

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 7210
  • .:
Re: Petrol prices ... yes petrol
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2022, 07:42:16 AM »

It’s something like the tax relief on £6 a week, you don’t need any receipts or anything but it’s only payable if you have to work from home, not if you chose. It (unusually for that mob) became simpler process as a result of everyone working from home.

If that’s you then easiest way to do is on your online tax account through the government gateway system and they just add the 6 x 52 to your tax code. How much that is worth depends on the rate you are paying but any reduction in tax is to be cherished these days.

Hopefully goes without saying but anyone offering to do this for you on a Google search or whatever is almost certainly a scam artist and must be avoided at all costs- only put details into actual government websites and double check it’s actually a .gov website as tax returns are one of the growing areas for scammers.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.