S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: road tax/MOT  (Read 608 times)

g6anz

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 1690
  • .:
road tax/MOT
« on: June 28, 2022, 04:13:27 PM »

I usually pay the tax on the Discovery by direct debit, which has worked for many years. This year I put it in for the MOT slightly later than usual and the day after I got a letter telling me that I needed a test certificate in order for the direct debit to go through. The car passed the MOT and the government website has for the MOT status has been updated, however the tax has not been renewed. Am I correct in thinking  that the tax will renew when the two databases finally talk to each other, hopefully before the end of the month, as that's when the tax is due.

Malcolm

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: road tax/MOT
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 04:51:17 PM »

Hi Malcolm,

g6anz

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 1690
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 05:39:04 PM »

Hello 602.  It’s all been sorted now and the disco is legal till January 🤔

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 05:39:35 AM »

Hi Malcolm,

Pardon my brief mail, earlier, something threw a wobbly, and I couldn't get back in ... but now I can't remember what I was going to say. :stars

However, I suspect that now, your MOT is out of sync with the  VED renewal, so that next year the MOT will still be valid when it's needed, albeit by only a matter of hours.

I assume you know that if your have your MOT done early, you can get up to a 13 month MOT... the system KNOWS when the present MOT is due to expire, and automatically adds 12 months to THAT date, not todays date.

How did your matter resolve itself? 

DVLC have truck-loads of money (cheques, etc) being shipped to their bank, so it can start earning interest ASAP ... probably before they even look at the application (I'm guessing ... I departed DVLC in 1985, before they went onto one clerk doing ALL functions, to make life more exciting for the staff).

602 (A "kept man" for 37 years,  :cheers )
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 19 queries.