S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic Bulkheads (Birmingham) contact information  (Read 3468 times)

Greg84

• S2C Member
  • Member no : 6174
  • .:
Classic Bulkheads (Birmingham) contact information
« on: August 10, 2022, 04:26:43 PM »

Hi All,
Classic bulkheads, currently have my bulkhead in for the usual repairs since January this year. The issue is that I’ve been trying to contact them for an update since May with no luck. >:D

* Phone - been ringing them weekly and it just rings out (07855539224)
* Facebook messenger - no response
* email - no response

Does anyone have any other contact information for them?

Plan B, would be to drive round and hope that they are still there? Buts that’s a big pain and expense when I live over 2 hours away  >:D  >:D

Ironchicken64

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 7488
  • .:
Re: Classic Bulkheads (Birmingham) contact information
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 05:19:16 PM »

Where in Birmingham are they located?

Gosney83

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 4737
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 09:51:28 PM »

Personally I would be doing Plan B, go there and find out what's happening, especially if you have been trying to make contact for this long

Alan Drover

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 7511
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 10:03:12 PM »

If you go back through the forum on Welcome to our virtual pub meetings section of the forum to June 2021 there's a number of postings about this company. It doesn't bode well.
Series 3 owner but interested in all Land Rovers.
'Being born was my first big mistake!'

Greg84

• S2C Member
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 10:47:41 PM »

Where in Birmingham are they located?
They are at B27 7AH, behind some shops.
Fingers crossed that I can get my bulkhead back or I will be very p***ed off  >:D

Moogling

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6646
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 09:03:34 AM »

alchad

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6825
  • .:
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2022, 09:42:21 AM »

Exactly as said by someone in the thread just linked, they are a one man and mate outfit in a ramshackled couple of garages, with poor business and communication skills BUT there stuff is good - I had footwells and pillars from them. When I collected my stuff from them I got the impression they did it because they enjoyed it. I hope in your case it’s just they’ve taken on too much work rather than anything else.

Alchad

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2022, 10:49:25 AM »

In my view, people are quite right to be wary given past history. We have had a collapse of one bulkhead outfit in Southampton in the last couple of years which I know left a lot of people out of pocket in one way or another. We have also had issues as is well documented with Pegasus. In the case of the Southampton "outfit", I just got a Defender bulkhead out from them by the skin of my teeth before they collapsed and others were not so lucky. Had I known then, I would not have even tried them.
Pegasus is still running after Paul's tragic and premature death. Debbie has made great efforts to get things back on track and is still very much trading.

The underlying issue here seems to be of poor communication and delayed delivery times. I don't actually accept the argument that small busy businesses are really great but are too busy to take the time to communicate with existing clients. That's just poor service and they should be held to account for it.

If Classic Bulkheads are still trading and this is all a flash in the pan, all well and good. Please keep us updated on what you find out. If anybody is able to stop round and check and confirm that all is well, that would be really helpful - especially as I couldn't access their website this morning (although I am overseas at the moment, so it might have been blocked).
1965 88" Station Wagon
1968 Rover 1 Air Portable

George P

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 6803
  • .:
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2022, 11:20:51 AM »

Hi All,
Classic bulkheads, currently have my bulkhead in for the usual repairs since January this year. The issue is that I’ve been trying to contact them for an update since May with no luck. >:D

* Phone - been ringing them weekly and it just rings out (07855539224)
* Facebook messenger - no response
* email - no response

Does anyone have any other contact information for them?

Plan B, would be to drive round and hope that they are still there? Buts that’s a big pain and expense when I live over 2 hours away  >:D  >:D

Greg, I have a number for the son Anthony, I have sent you a PM. I had similar issues with them last year, excellent work but dismal when it comes to communication.

Good luck

George

Alan Drover

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:

Greg84

• S2C Member
  • .:
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2022, 02:09:21 PM »

I couldn't access their website this morning (although I am overseas at the moment, so it might have been blocked).
Yeah their website has been down for the past month or so.

@Kruddler Thank you for PM his number over, no answer at the moment but will keep trying.

As it stands, I will be taking a road trip over on Saturday morning. I will keep you all posted

Alan Drover

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2022, 03:46:29 PM »

I know Lindon Swann, who ran Ash Tree Land Rovers (Diffwhine's Southampton outfit) as he was local to me before moving to Southampton. He used to buy old bulkheads from my mate who broke Land Rovers in those days, repair them, then have them galvanized, and the workmanship was of very variable quality according to reviews. I had a lucky escape as I had intended to get a galvanized bulkhead from him but things started going funny before I did so I went with Robert Owen instead thank goodness. Ash Tree never made new bulkheads, only patched up old ones.

Greg84

• S2C Member
  • .:
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 10:15:54 PM »

Update after todays trip to Classic Bulkheads

Unfortunately as expected their workshop/lockup was shut on my arrived this morning. So I hung around for a few hours just in case somebody does turn up.. which just wasted even more of my weekend.

There workshop/lockup is situated behind some shops and luckily enough one of the shop owners is the landlord of classic bulkheads premises.

The landlord was really helpful but within a few seconds, the conversation only confirms my worst fears. They have not seen or heard from them for the past 6 months! The landlord went on to tell me, that they have been trying to contact them as they have outstanding rent (12 month plus) and unpaid electric bills.

So it looks like I will be buying a brand new bulkhead!!  >:D >:D >:D
The worst bit is that I left my door hinges on my old bulkhead and it was also modified for Rover V8. Even more out of pocket!  >:D

DO NOT USE CLASSIC BULKHEADS!!!

Alan Drover

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 10:42:55 PM »

Exactly what happened with Ash Tree Land Rovers.  They left a lot of customers out of pocket.
Was there any sign of any bulkheads there? Maybe the landlord would let you have a look around inside. If not then try Robert Owen and ask if they could build a bulkhead modified for a Rover V8.

Tom

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3375
  • .:
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2022, 11:16:59 PM »

Really gutted for you Greg.
I’ve only ever once had dealings with classic bulkheads - and when I went to visit, the first address on their website took me to a residential tower block. Then I managed to find another address for the shops as you’ve suggested. Phoned and phoned to let them know I was on my way, with no answer and then finally found the place all locked up and empty.

This was 5/6 years ago now, but clearly things are no better.
Really sorry to hear you’ve had such trouble with it. Shame there are so many out there happy to disappear without a word and while keeping your belongings…
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries.