S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: An old Topic - Retailers advertising product they don't have in stock...  (Read 1513 times)

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:

Ordered a part from "one of the usual suspects" over a week ago. No further communication, so I rang to check on my order and YET AGAIN, they don't have stock and have had to order in the part.  I'd not have ordered from them if I'd known they had no stock. I consider this behaviour to be akin to Fraud, its certainly misrepresentation. I was told by one of their managers several years ago that they were about to put in place an IT system that would link stock levels to the sales system and indicate if it was a stock item or not.... obviously that was "incorrect".

Distinctly annoyed. This supplier is now moved to my "Absolute Last Resort" pile.

I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

kev

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6287
  • .:
  • Blah, blah, blah...

Surely if you named the supplier instead of calling them ‘the usual suspects’ - others could read your warning, and save themselves potential grief.
Just sayin’ like🤔

Peter Holden

• S2C Vehicle Registration Officer
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4528
  • .:
  • Peter Holden

The thing that really bugs me is that they take the payment from your card but legally they shouldnt until they are about to dispatch the item.

Perhaps the american "class action" type of thing where a number of disatisfied customers get together to take the company to court might stop this practice.

I think the company you are referring to are somewhere near Cannock

Peter
A Yorkshireman on missionary duty in Lancashire

oilstain

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 3140
  • .:
  • Whom the gods would destroy they first make mad

Surely if you named the supplier instead of calling them ‘the usual suspects’ - others could read your warning, and save themselves potential grief.
Just sayin’ like🤔
Yes, Name and Shame!
In these hard times my money should be in my bank acount and not theres

kev

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6287
  • .:
  • Blah, blah, blah...

I think the company you are referring to are somewhere near Cannock.’

Just say John Craddock then.🙄

crumbly65

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 912
  • .:
  • "Life is far too important to be taken seriously"

Just sayin’ like🤔

:ditto :ditto
Completely agree!  Of course we should "name & shame", just as we should (and often do) hand out compliments where a company has been excellent.

We are a well-respected club, with around 2500 members and, I suspect, have some influence with suppliers of Series-based products and spares.  If a supplier is not aware, or not interested, in our members as customers, then we should be telling our members and forum users to avoid that company..... 

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • .:

^^^^ I tend to agree. Craddocks.

I note that today, if you click on the detailed product description, it says "Low Stock, may need to be ordered".  Again misleading. They have NO stock, it will need to be ordered. A better description would be "Leadtime approx 7 days" or some such.  Better would be a real-time link to their stock system... and a stock system that automatically re-orders when the stock drops below X or reaches nil...

Marky Harvey

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 5710
  • .:

I ordered an ‘in stock’ part from Craddock over a month ago and am still waiting.

crumbly65

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 912
  • .:
  • "Life is far too important to be taken seriously"

I ordered an ‘in stock’ part from Craddock over a month ago and am still waiting.
^^^^
That is disgraceful.  And symptomatic of a culture that says to it's sales staff "get the order, any way you can, we'll sort out delivery any way we can afterwards".  I suspect that culture may have been endemic within British industry over the decades, and may well have been a contributing factor in the decline of our manufacturing base.  Who knows eh?

We all would do well on here to heed the warnings from Gene and Marky, and avoid Craddocks as much as possible until they behave more honourably. 

rusty66

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 3939
  • .:

Had the same with Craddocks just 2 days ago. Asked about an item that was listed as „in stock“ and received the answer that they can’t check and answer my question as the item it „not currently in stock“?!
1964 SWB
1964 LWB Carawagon

g6anz

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 1690
  • .:
Re: An old Topic - Retailers advertising product they don't have in stock...
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2022, 04:32:55 PM »

Watch out for the photos as well. I ordered a pair of wipers for my Disco. The photo clearly showed two wipers, when they arrived there was one. I complained and was told that the photos were incorrect and not to go by them. their site has now been updated.

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2022, 05:33:03 PM »

To add insult to injury, the emailed the invoice today. My Bank Account says they have had my money since the day I ordered the part.

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2022, 05:39:32 PM »

Shouldn't the Trading Standards people be notified ???

If they get enough complaints they will have to investigate...
They certainly shouldn't be taking your money until the item has been shipped - anything else is sharp practise.
AND - Always pay with a credit card as I believe if they go under, you can get your money back from the bank.

Personally I'll stick with Paddocks, where club members get a discount and P. A. Blanchards.
Who's a then ?

Jimbo

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 236
  • .:
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2022, 07:16:38 PM »

I wouldn’t use Craddocks ever again. Even if they had the only part in existence.
We’re lucky, most things can still be had from other suppliers with far better service.
Can I assume John Craddock himself is no longer involved with the company?
I remember seeing him at shows and he was proud of his relationship with customers.
James

Member: 236
1959 Series 2 88” 2.25 Petrol
2016 Discovery 4 SDV6
2017 Suzuki Jimny

Grandadrob

• Master of the oils
  • More questions than answers.
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2022, 07:33:16 PM »

As per my original post on this subject.
Paddocks are just as guilty of this practice, sadly, their customer service has declined in recent years.
You used to able to call up and discuss parts with someone who knew what you were talking about, not any more. The lady who was in charge in those days was brilliant.
Sign of the times, sadly.
1955 86inch petrol.
1960 88inch Diesel.
2013 FFRR SDV8 4.4
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.