S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 90 110 and Range rover (I refuse to call it classic as to me there is only one)  (Read 1791 times)

I know forum users have vehicle other than series 2.

Does any one know the dimensions of the half shafts on a front axle for the above vehicle.

Namely the

short halfshaft diff to cv
long halfshat diff to cv
the outer plug in shaft cv to drive flange

are the splines on the cv end the same as the diff end, i know early were 10 spline but is that both ends?

Series2ajosh

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 5408
  • .:

Hello!
I dont know the dimensions of what youve asked, sorry!
But from memory when stripping down my breaker (early 200tdi disco) I seem to remember the cv end having a lesser number of splines than at the diff end, I'm also lead to believe that there was different types for different years, imperial vs metric if my memory serves correct!

vod80

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6312
  • .:

Hi, 2286, if nobody else can answer, I've got and old 1970s Range Rover that I can check. I'm a bit busy at the moment so it'll be a couple of weeks until I can get down to the shed - but, if you need, remind me and I'll have  look.
Not getting anywhere, fast

Thanks Josh
I am only aware of 24 or 10 spline but knowing my luck there will be a non interchangeable spline that corresponds to neither.

Vod thats very kind and based on my research thus far I may well take you up on your offer.

My question is to do with the fabrication of a special narrow axle case that use stock internal parts.

So start with a rr front axle remove the swivels and drive shafts at the flange.

Find out the length of the inner halfshafts and hope that they are 10 spline at both ends (best case)

Using half shaft length decide which side will give desired track.

Move the axle case flange down the casing towards the diff in order that a standard stub and drive flange can be refitted.

Mirror the axle case flange about the diff centre line and get a second half shaft of the same length.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:

Hi VOD,

The message at top of the page, says to start a new topic, as this thread was last replied to a long time ago.

Pretty please … if possible, can you tell me the height of  either front seat cushion above the ground? Would Barbara be able to slide in without standing on tip-toe, or clambering?

Visions of me approaching the local LR main dealer, gripping a "hands high" pony measuring stick, asking if I can shufti his demonstrator.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.