S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dormobile at Scone Scottish Game Fair yesterday - anyone here?  (Read 744 times)

Dieselhen

• S2C Member
  • Member no : 4912
  • .:
Dormobile at Scone Scottish Game Fair yesterday - anyone here?
« on: September 25, 2021, 11:48:34 AM »

(OK, I'll start by apologising for not having taken pics, but there were extenuating circumstances)

Anyway, beautiful pale grey S2A with pale cream Dormobile roof, red/white checked curtains, C reg I think. Looked immaculate without being overdone. Parked in the GWCT members parking/gold parking area not far from the Game Fair entrance at Scone.

We were walking down to the entrance after an almost four-hour drive, I had the tickets and my two friends were desperate for coffee having started from home in pouring rain at 07.30. I got dragged away before I could dig my camera from the foot of my bag... :shakeinghead

Typical East/West weather divide yesterday - from home through to Glen Ogle head (56 miles) rain or thick, grey mizzle. Down Glen Ogle, Lochearnhead, St Fillans steadily brightening till we arrived in glorious blazing sunshine at Scone. Driving home the weather divide was around Tyndrum.

AlexB

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 4139
  • .:
Re: Dormobile at Scone Scottish Game Fair yesterday - anyone here?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 12:52:09 PM »

How are you Sheila ?  Well I hope.

Are you still getting out and about in the Dormobile ?
"Ne jetez plus ! Ce qui est inutile pour vous, est utile pour les autres" Abbé Pierre

Dieselhen

• S2C Member
  • Member no : 4912
  • .:
Re: Dormobile at Scone Scottish Game Fair yesterday - anyone here?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 08:32:41 PM »

Right sides up and hoping to stay that way, thanks. Yes, though the range is currently somewhat limited and I've only drivenshort distances  locally in the past year. No island trips since the Tiree and Highland ScRAP recording marathons of 2017 and 2018 - Scottish Rock Art Project (prehistoric rather than album sleeves). I think I'll wait till the MacRent and Bunk Campers have got the islands out of their systems, before heading for the Hebrides again. Also several jobs pending on the Dormobile, including roof leaks, which I've been putting off lately.
I did wonder if it was you at Scone yesterday - I saw that Dormobile and thought of you both - something about the gingham curtains perhaps. It's certainly a very nice looking beastie.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.