S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: series 2 brake master cylinder air trapped  (Read 3762 times)

Larry S.

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 6533
  • .:
  • a.k.a. Correus
Re: series 2 brake master cylinder air trapped
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2019, 07:21:42 PM »

I don't think you need to lift the front quite as high as this.  :-X

If you have a little spirit level, then just get the machined surfaces of the inlet and outlet ports level. You will find it easier to bleed without  the pipes attached, or at least you'll be able to see the last of the bubbles coming out. You do need to make sure that you don't re-introduce air when you reconnect the reservoir though. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I tried to bleed mine by lifting the front and it fell off the dodgy jack arrangement that I had contrived, so be careful! It is worth persisting with this though - my brakes were night and day different from bleeding (filling) the cylinder on the bench.

Yup...the one in the pic is a bit extreme, but it works for him. 

I have a carpenter's angle finder that was put on it a while back just to see how much it needs to be lifted up; it really wasn't that much, I want to say somewhere between 6" and 10" maybe. 

I have a set of heavy duty detachable auto ramps that are 10"+ in height.  You drive up on the them and then you can remove the ramp part if you want.  Figured on using those.
'63 SIIa 88 Station Wagon named Grover

Mpudi: So how did the land rover get up the tree?
Steyn: Do you know she has flowers on her panties?
Mpudi: So that's how it got up the tree.

Mikew

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2019, 04:20:29 PM »

Thanks, everyone! I will try the bleed nipple in the outlet first before I take it up, Mount Kilimanjaro: keep calm red

maindy

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 6599
  • .:
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2019, 04:53:39 PM »

Just had a problem with mine, all new pipes and master cylinder, would not bleed up as it was holding air in the mc cv type on a swb, so undid flow pipe from mc and placed thumb over hole couple of pumps and we had fluid so reinstated pipe and away it went.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 24 queries.