S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So this is where I got too?  (Read 4327 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: So this is where I got too?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2021, 07:33:02 PM »

Hi Alan,

Spying?  Do you mean "paying"?  Whatever, I did not find the hearing aids worth the effort ... or cost.

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2021, 07:49:35 PM »

Paying ....

When did you last have a test?
The technology has moved on in recent years. You'd be surprised at what they can do for you ... for free.

They made a set up for my mum and she was as deaf as a post.

Who's a then ?

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2021, 11:31:22 PM »

Well done, anyway, on sorting out the renewal. I hope you/Barbara found it easy enough ?

???
I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 05:54:53 AM »

Payment of subs has been successful  :first

Hi Alan,

Now that is service. Thankyou.

I will ponder on your advice about the hearing aids. The only person I don't hear is Barbara. But if they are free, they are in with a chance. My present problem is the broken tooth ...eg... making contact with our dentist (who I have never met since moving house. I'm almost on the point of contacting BENEDEN, to ask if I can have a freebie at the Nuffield Trust Hospital in Cambridge. No pain yet, unless I bite on something, but I suspect a gum-boil is developing.(Gumboils block the anaesthetic (Sp?)

Barbara bought me a pair of wooden arm-pit crutches for Xmas, my knees are packing up too, I'm now walking with a 6" stride shuffle, don't like any distance, so our grandson (just finished his A-levels with not much prospect of a job during lock-down), earns himself a fiver a day, walking Wilki.

OT ... in early December 1956, my bicycle hit an unlit lampost at (I guestimate) something over 30mph, which put me in Croydon General Hospital for with a fractured lower epithithis (SP?)  of my left femur, for two months, before being released with a pair of wooden crutches, and a built up shoe. I was still in a "hip spiker" ... I could see my left big toe-nail, and I could see my belly-button, and I could see the other leg. Everything else was heavily encased in plaster,

But yikes, once I'd got swing between the crutches worked out, my mates had to rum to keep up with me. Modern crutches are nowhere near as much fun.

PS. 16 years old, over Christmas, in a ward full of student nurses.  :first 

"Do you want your bottom rubbed"?    What a stupid question.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.