S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Am I being unfair  (Read 4677 times)

Grandadrob

• Master of the oils
  • More questions than answers.
Am I being unfair
« on: April 23, 2020, 11:47:18 AM »

Needed a small LR part. Paddocks small parcel postage too expensive, so got the part on EBay, free postage. Didn’t check the supplier, just noted 99% approval and from the UK.Good delivery date.  So purchased. After confirmation got a no reply emai, basically saying because of Covid, short staffed, no idea on delivery. Turns out to be one of the main LR spares outlets.
So I’ve paid out, want the part now, but no idea when it’s coming.
So.....am I being mean in thinking they should have amended the EBay ad to reflect the long delivery, or should I have realised this in advance.

1955 86inch petrol.
1960 88inch Diesel.
2013 FFRR SDV8 4.4

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
Re: Am I being unfair
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 11:53:31 AM »

They have ZERO excuse. Other mail-order offerings have reacted very well, parts arriving very fast. I can particularly commend PA Blanchard right now, every order I've placed as been in the post the same day or next morning where I've ordered in the evening.

I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 12:01:44 PM »

Hi Gramps,

If they had told you before you placed an order, you might have gone elsewhere.

I suggest that telling you, AFTER you'd placed the order, might encourage you to go elsewhere next time ... and the time after that ... and the time .........

PS. You are only as good as your last deal!

AlexB

• S2C Member
  • Member of the socket set
  • Member no : 4139
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2020, 12:16:13 PM »

ask for a refund, stating delay
"Ne jetez plus ! Ce qui est inutile pour vous, est utile pour les autres" Abbé Pierre

Bbrian66

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 2984
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 12:27:29 PM »

I think you're right to be mad at them - that's very poor service indeed. One of the joys of those Ebay suppliers who are still trading is that they are generally giving excellent prompt service - to the extent that if I'm currently needing something in good time I go to Ebay ahead of the big names.

Good to hear about Blanchards service.

Bbrian66

Eve

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 3042
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 12:30:33 PM »

If they're using Royal Mail I can understand why they can't give a delivery date. I've had mail take a week and a half to get to me. Royal Mail have been affected by staff sickness and extra volumes because of folk using Internet shopping such as ebay during the stay home instructions. A lot of ebayers use Royal Mail to prove delivery. Royal Mail finding things difficult too.
1966 SWB Utility Marine Blue 2.25 Petrol

David A

• Old Brummie
  • S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 5546
  • .:
  • 1958 Series2 swb , 2003 110 utility td5
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 12:42:49 PM »

I agree you are not being unfair. This week I ordered a one off rare part from a well known LR supplier in a Mediterranean Country on E-Bay only to be informed ,after payment had been taken for the part and "Express " service /delivery, that it could not be despatched because there was no airline going  to my area of the world from that country for the foreseeable future. As it happens I am not in a hurry but it would have been nice to have known before purchase. I suspect this was not deviousness on the company's part but inefficiency in the way that the website is managed at this time. They did send a nice apology.

David A
David A

Grandadrob

• Master of the oils
  • More questions than answers.
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2020, 01:01:17 PM »

If anyone wants me to name the supplier, as one to avoid, PM me.

Peter Holden

• S2C Vehicle Registration Officer
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4528
  • .:
  • Peter Holden
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2020, 01:17:28 PM »

I recieve a rotary wire brush this morning, ordered on the 21st April and delivered by Royal Mail, using the post as an excuse is not satisfactory.

Peter
A Yorkshireman on missionary duty in Lancashire

RobS

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6572
  • .:
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 03:19:09 PM »

I've has various parcels delivered over the last month or so, DPD have been pretty good along with DHL, I've got one parcel which I'm waiting for which has been sent by Royal Mail 48hr tracked - and I can't track it and it's over 48 hrs ??? :thud Then the worst one was Parcel Force - big joke, they tried to deliver my new toy which I can't use, never rang the bell, just decided no one was in then took the parcel to the local post office - didn't offer to try the next day, that appears not to be an option any more.

Could not ring the post office as they don't have a direct phone number, in the end I phoned the shop which the post office was based in (separate business) and eventually managed to collect it by car - the owner of the shop was well *&%^$!? about parcel force continually doing the same trick.

You live and learn.

RobS 

kev

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6287
  • .:
  • Blah, blah, blah...
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2020, 03:46:13 PM »

If the mail was from Mark at DLS, you'll get it, I got the same mail and it came the next week.

Moogling

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6646
  • .:
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2020, 03:57:15 PM »

I had the same problem with ---ddocks.

cancelled and re-order with P-ddocks and it was here nextday.

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 03:59:29 PM »

I've has various parcels delivered over the last month or so, DPD have been pretty good along with DHL, I've got one parcel which I'm waiting for which has been sent by Royal Mail 48hr tracked - and I can't track it and it's over 48 hrs ??? :thud Then the worst one was Parcel Force - big joke, they tried to deliver my new toy which I can't use, never rang the bell, just decided no one was in then took the parcel to the local post office - didn't offer to try the next day, that appears not to be an option any more.

Could not ring the post office as they don't have a direct phone number, in the end I phoned the shop which the post office was based in (separate business) and eventually managed to collect it by car - the owner of the shop was well *&%^$? about parcel force continually doing the same trick.

You live and learn.

RobS

I have similar issues with Parcelforce, to the point where the local shop/garage where the Post Office is based now has my phone number and lets me know when a parcel arrives, as they know delivery will not have been attempted and no card informing me where it is will have been left.

This appears to be because Parcelforce have outsourced their delivery routes - the people who undertake the deliveries are not employees but contractors. The terms should favour them attempting and making delivery as they are paid on a piecework basis, but in practice it appears to work out better for a contractor to take on a larger route to be sure of always earning their target amount, which if they are fitting it around another job means that when they run out of time, the remainder get dumped at the Post Office. I am the last-but-one house  in the postcode so it typically happens to me - in present times where volume of delivery is up I imagine it will become more common.

Alec

geoff

• Grand master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 04:09:30 PM »

What part are you after maybe someone here can supply you with it  ???

stuart

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 5066
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 04:38:27 PM »

craddocs are doing the same , they have cancled my order and not reunded me yet , got parts from britcar in the end no issues 
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.