S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This time I ordered a spare  (Read 834 times)

Betsy1969

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 5469
  • .:
This time I ordered a spare
« on: August 02, 2020, 08:43:25 AM »

Since lockdown started I’ve been fettling my transmission leaks , initially the one from the output shaft . I had done it once already , new seal , speedi sleeve etc and put it all back including of course a new gasket on the bottom plate. It leaked , so off it came and I set up the pre- load on the output shaft and re-assembled , new gasket  again. All was well with no leak.

After a few short outings I came home and noticed a strange rumbling from the gearbox . The next part is well documented in workshop wisdom , gearbox out , assess , order an exchange box etc. I finally  got it 90 % back together with a new gasket ( No 3 ) when I realised I was short of a distance piece and oil thrower, so get onto Blanchards and donate some more money for parts. The new bits arrived  and I was putting the final touches together when I found I couldn’t put the oil thrower on the mainshaft with the intermediate gear in place so , off with the bottom plate etc oil thrower and distance piece installed in a matter of seconds and the other bits fitted , all torqued up and ready to fit the bottom plate , but the shiny new gasket from Blanchards is now toast due to the wellseal I used when fitting it so back on the internet to order a new one .

This time I ordered a spare 😀

Ps, I’m starting back at work tomorrow so it may be some time before I can finish the job off !  :stars

Regards Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.