S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Steering relay - movement in chassis.  (Read 821 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: Steering relay - movement in chassis.
« on: August 17, 2020, 09:45:56 PM »

(the classic Land Rover mowing down a group of orphans and nuns at the puppy rescue...)!

Hi,

You'd be surprised (maybe)

In the mid-1960s, I was stationary at traffic lights, when an old codger  parked Renauld Daupine into the back of my Minivan, shoying me into some other  foreign thingy (driven by a Squadron Leader ... and I was in my "Working Blue", so I had to salute him.

The Renault driver seemed confused, and his speech was slurred. We assumed he was drunk, and called the police, who formed the same opinion ... made him wait while they took our details.

The police called at our Guardroom a couple of days later to tell me the old codger had had a heart attack, and were taking no action, but had persuaded him to surrender his licence, until a quack told him he was fit to drive.

A couple of days later, I got av letter from his insurers ....

"Our client had suffered a heart attack, of which he had no prior warning, and therefore cannot be held legally liable. We will not entertain any claim against him!"

I went storming into his office ... he was an insurance agent ... where his secretary, confirmed their policy, and told me that they were also dealing with another of their clients, a bus driver who had a heart attack ... and had run down a queue of school children.

I always thought that Third Party Insurance was meant to cover situations like that. ???

Whatever, I dated his secretary for a few months.  And my Minivan came back with a "car" front (chrome grill) and resprayed black with a bronze roof  :whistle

Squadron Leader? My BIL is a well heeled free-lance journalist, but at one time, he was a civil servant HEO for the MOD, and found that he was regarded as equivalent to a Major, Squadron Leader and/or Commander (RN). Does that mean Barbara can consider herself equal to James Bond?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 18 queries.