S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Projects  (Read 1944 times)

Old Bodger

• Chassis welder
  • .:
Projects
« on: September 17, 2019, 08:24:28 AM »

Sorry if this tends to run ‘off topic’ and obviously remove if needed !
Today is a birthday for me and the ‘number’ is getting depressing.....thoughts of mortality etc!
Lead me to consider the line of likely projects, their likelihood of completion and my excuses!
Started me wondering if I was the only one with a list longer than life expectancy .....so come on , come clean and give us all some project list “therapy”.

I will start the list. Entire chassis and rear floor to clean, protect and replace rotting Ali - excuse...difficult with daily use.
Finish rebuild of 1820 piano, excuse, enthusiasm comes and goes, everything has to be done in excess of 50 times ( each string mechanism).
Clear Garage and replace shed to ease working conditions, never seems to make more space.
Then there is the long term thought of a steam launch project.............

Perhaps the first stage should be to give up full time work......but that is quite a scary thought!

Porkscratching

• Master of the oils
  • .:
  • I know nothing!...nothing..!
Re: Projects
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 08:38:35 AM »

Gawd, I've got the Morris minor to get running and sort out, stood for 2 years...probably another small shed to make from junk...a small lathe to put together and get going...an old microscope and parts to fix up...a telescope, ditto...a few model railway scratch build projects to continue with...some door frames to build indoors...a few old clocks to get going..
.oh and theres doubtless oddments I need to do with the actual Land Rover too! ;)
ps..just remembered, the garage is crammed full with stuff/rubbish that needs something doing, plus it's roof leaks.. :shakeinghead

109+1

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 3618
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 01:10:56 PM »

Do what ever makes you happy. You only get one go at life so try and make it as happy/content as possible .

Ian59

• Chassis welder
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 04:12:33 PM »

Oh Dear, where to start?
Firstly, non-vehicle related, is that I've got to finish the barn conversion we have been doing since summer '17.
Once that is done, I can then look to build a new stable block and workshop to house the better half's horses and my vehicles.
As soon as those are built, I then have to demolish 11000 sq ft of old barns, which need taking down.

Then, and only then, I might be able to start looking at the vehicles, by which point all my runners will need re-commissioning as they will have spent so long in storage :shakeinghead
Then I have a 59 SWB a 65 SWB and a 66 FC to restore.

So I reckon I have a good 15 years work there, by which point I will have retired (hopefully) and as long as my health holds up, I can then spend more time on them!

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 04:23:20 PM »

Its the old play on words, I need to get  'aroundtoit'

Do what you can when you can.

Exile

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 5203
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 09:13:21 PM »

I decided last year that I have more projects than I may have years left.

So first step: stop looking on eBay!

Has worked so far........
"If you want to be happy, be" -  Leo Tolstoy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.