S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK Licences  (Read 5612 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: UK Licences
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2021, 10:25:12 AM »

I recently renewed my licence and found that I am now entitled to ride a motor cycle, not just a moped.

Hi,

You all know about Barbara's arm.

I taught her to drive, in a Sunbeam Talbot 90, on Penang Island.

Back in UK, she had one professional lesson (We requested just familiarisation with what the examiner would be looking for) and she passed in South Norwood (I think) in a rusty £50 Mini.

Her licence was restricted to " A MOTOR CAR AND A MOTOR TRICYCLE", so no MOPED entitlement.

I looked at her licence recently ... B+E, with no restrictions. How/when did that happen? Other strange things have happened ... twice been clocked on the M4 at 115mph. Told not to do it again.  ???

It's best to let sleeping dogs lie ... she's unlikely to ever ride on two wheels, nor drive anything sporty again. The social worker who is sorting Barbara's ramps, seems to be pushing for Barbara to get an automatic. Oh dear, and I'd just calmed the troubled waters

For what it's worth, if DVLC try to reduce your driving entitlement, APPEAL! My understanding is that you should return to your previous entitlement, until such time that they can arrange a test. The test should only be to show that you can drive safely ... not be the pedantic normal test. But what do I know?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 18 queries.