S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Ot garage doors  (Read 614 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: Ot garage doors
« on: April 16, 2021, 07:07:49 AM »

Hi,

Two features that would deter (but perhaps not prevent me choosing roller shutters on a garage.

1. I'm guessing that it takes longer for a roller shutter to open/close?

2. Barbara's SAAB ran amok several years ago, writing off itself, my rather nice Disco, and a Transit type van. Serious damage to all three vehicles.

3. Barbara was admitted to hospital recently, following a fall. The following following day, her invalid buggy, with her in it, destroyed a church hall type folding chair.  The buggy is stupidly powerful, capable of burning a hole in the carpet, if prevented from moving.

OK, it shouldn't happen, but it does .... if your truck lurches forward because you (or your SWMBO) accidentally hits the starter button while in gear, roller shutters will cost more to replace.

Thinks .. Barbara's Hyundai requires the clutch pedal to be depressed, before the starter button works. A stop light switch in the clutch hydraulic system of a S2 or S3, could be used to perform the same function.

Strange, the RAF driving school demanded that you engaged NEUTRAL, and released the clutch pedal before using the starter. I have met trucks where the starter turned faster if the clutch was depressed, and others that were the opposite.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.