S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good Quality Paint?  (Read 5660 times)

crumbly65

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 912
  • .:
  • "Life is far too important to be taken seriously"
Re: Good Quality Paint?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2019, 07:50:16 PM »

Thank you to all who responded to my original posting - I'm very grateful for all the advice and comments.

It's pleasing that bethpaintman made that contribution.  By amazing coincidence, I placed an order with Paint Man this very morning, and found them to be very good to deal with.  Evidently, the paint will be with my mechanic by Thursday, and they were helpful over the phone, happy to give me advice, and ensuring I got exactly what I wanted.

I'm sure I'll be happy with the result, and I'm looking forward to getting my S2 back on the road soon......

StooBee

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 6561
  • .:
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 09:27:53 PM »

I've been very happy with my Paintman Marine Blue so far....my only issue has been keeping dust/dirt out of the paint while it dries, as it does take some time to dry, being an enamel. Other than that I have found it very nice to put on either by brush, roller or spraygun.
I'm definitely not buying another Land Rover.........Ahhhh, well.

Gareth

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6172
  • .:
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2019, 03:32:20 PM »

Currently also in the throws of painting my project. I have got some Paintman deep bronze green, and various primers etc. I’ve done a set of doortops so far, with good results. Now I’m working on the bonnet.

Just run out of undercoat, so need to get another order in!

The only problem I am having is that I can’t get my workshop warm enough and it takes a while to dry. I might have to postpone until the spring.

Exile

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 5203
  • .:
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 08:58:16 PM »

I've some Paintman Limestone coming in the post.

I only want to do small areas so bought a couple of 400ml aerosols, but they are expensive @ over £14 per tin plus £7.99 postage and VAT on top.

I hope it matches and sprays smoothly out of the nozzle........

"If you want to be happy, be" -  Leo Tolstoy.

Gareth

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6172
  • .:
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2019, 08:07:55 AM »

I used an aerosol on the vent flaps. Not as good as a spray gun I’m afraid. You need to warm the tin up before use, also warm the metal if you can, and shake it loads!

Exile

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 5203
  • .:
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2019, 11:07:43 AM »

Thanks Gareth.

From previous experience, it's kind of what I expected. ;)

Can't try it out yet, as UPS failed to deliver yesterday, as "couldn't find the address." (How did two other couriers find the house which is right by the side of the road, yesterday?) :shakeinghead

Strangely, Halfords aerosol paints spray pretty well, straight from the can.

(Their Rover White is an exact match for LR Ivory White, as used on early One Ten and Ninety).

bethpaintman

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2019, 05:02:04 PM »

I've been very happy with my Paintman Marine Blue so far....my only issue has been keeping dust/dirt out of the paint while it dries, as it does take some time to dry, being an enamel. Other than that I have found it very nice to put on either by brush, roller or spraygun.

Wherever possible work indoors if you can so that you can control the air movement. If the area you are working in is dusty, make sure you clean it thoroughly and wet the floors before starting to paint. This will minimise the risk of dust settling on your newly painted surface during the application or drying period. :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 19 queries.