The Land Rover Series 2 Club Forum

Advanced search  

News:

Heat wave coming ...   

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New Forest and Solent - Camping Weekend Sixpenny Handley, July, 2022  (Read 2748 times)

Ph0en1x_Uk

• Gear shifter
  • Member no : 2568
  • .:
    • New Forest & Solent Microsite
Re: New Forest and Solent - Camping Weekend Sixpenny Handley, July, 2022
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2022, 10:04:02 PM »

Really starting to fill up now! Who else is coming along?  :neener
New Forest & Solent Area Organiser

Ph0en1x_Uk

• Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2022, 09:46:18 PM »

Limited Space remaining. Please get your booking forms in ASAP if you would like to attend.

I nearly have a full house!  :cheers

Michael

• Chassis welder
  • .:
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2022, 11:41:35 AM »

Its a diary clash at our end, but we'd fancy joining you for the laning on Saturday if that's OK James?

Ph0en1x_Uk

• Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2022, 01:21:55 PM »

Of course it's OK. Your new paint job will need breaking in!!!!  :neener

Michael

• Chassis welder
  • .:
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2022, 06:43:56 PM »

Its only the front of it needs scratching back a bit!

Ph0en1x_Uk

• Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2022, 09:16:33 PM »

So, opening this up to other Club members as we have some limited space available.

Please get in touch if you would like to come along and join us ! :cheers

Ph0en1x_Uk

• Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2022, 11:48:54 AM »

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

Sixpenny Handley 2022 - Friday Night Fancy Dress Theme is as follows!

PIRATES AND OR PIRATE/FARMERS!

Get thinking. Stiff competition from Karen Clements & Ian Draycott already as some say they dress as pirates in their free time!

Ph0en1x_Uk

• Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2022, 09:58:59 PM »

Sixpenny Handley Thursday Night Information:

For those arriving on the Thursday evening and thinking about dinner. The BEST pub by far is: The Horseshoe Inn @ Ebbesbourne Wake.

It's 5.9miles (12min drive) from SPH.

I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU BOOK A TABLE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

This is an extremely popular local pub, and by far the best in Cranborne Chase, serving real home cooked food. Family owned Freehouse for circa 52 years.

Parking outside the pub is very very limited. Best places to park is either in the village hall car park just round the corner, OR in the big carpark behind the church, and walk through the churchyard to the pub.
It's a small village, you won't get lost!

http://www.thehorseshoe-inn.co.uk/

Map attached. Red is the pub. Green is parking.

I have booked myself in for 7pm. Feel free to join me if you please!

The Queens Head @ Broadchalke is another alternative, although a little further and a bit more expensive/up market.

Ph0en1x_Uk

• Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2022, 09:58:53 PM »

Looks like we have some more local members coming out the woodwork this year.  :essen :cheers :brakes

Ph0en1x_Uk

• Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2022, 12:06:04 AM »

Hi all,

Sixpenny Handley 2022 - Friday Information.

It looks like Salisbury Plain is totally off limits this year.

They are live firing on all days.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/salisbury-plain-training-area-spta-firing-times/salisbury-plain-training-area-spta-firing-times-july-2022

To that end, there will be no unofficial trip onto the Plain on the Friday this year.

Instead of this, I will be offering to lead a convoy of vehicles on a scenic drive around some of the New Forest. Taking in a few lanes on the way to and from.

I've lived in the New Forest most of my life, so my route will look to include some of the better bits, single track country lanes, fords, views and of course a pub for lunch.

If you are interested let me know. Will aim to be back at the campsite around 4-5pm on the Friday.

All very flexible, as it's far to Fordingbridge area from Sixpenny Handley.

Fluffle-Valve

• Carawagon Owner
  • S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 2919
  • .:
  • So Love me, Love my Dogs.
    • Blogspot
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2022, 02:25:33 PM »

Sounds good to me James.  :brakes  :Tdi :red-tool-box :dog-run :Tdi
This is my Dormawagon.

Phil2014

• Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 4721
  • .:
  • Borders area rep
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2022, 07:52:30 PM »

That sounds good to me too James. Need to get my leaky rear axle fixed first.
Thanks
Phil.

Ph0en1x_Uk

• Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2022, 11:32:56 PM »

No pressure Phil. Still plenty of time.  :neener

Or bring it leaking and we'll top it up on site with cider.  :-*

... I mean oil!

Ph0en1x_Uk

• Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2022, 07:20:55 PM »

Hi all,

Just a quick email ahead of Sixpenny Handley Camping next week.

I hope you are looking forward to it! I am. 😊

I just wanted to clarify a few things as I’ve had a few questions

1)    The Friday Evening Buffet will be going ahead as per usual at 18:00. Please bring some dinner/nibbles/cakes to contribute. I won’t have my Ifor Williams this year, so we’ll need to work something out. Maybe bonnets of Land Rovers in a semi-circle around the marquee.

2)    I must also mention that there is an ‘unofficial’ New Forest Scenic Drive happening now on the Friday as Salisbury Plain is closed this year due to military activity. I will be leading a group of Land Rovers on a scenic drive around some of the New Forest. We’ll take in a few gentle by-ways, and aim to briefly stop at pub for a pint/ploughman's. I will be striving to make sure we are back in plenty of time for setting up the buffet for the 18:00 start. We will be departing the Rally Field at 10:00. If you would like to join us, please do, I have another team leader ready to take a second convoy of the numbers are large. The New Forest Scenic drive is 78 miles. GPX File attached

3)    There will be a campfire on the Friday night and the Saturday night. Please bring as much wood with you as you can so we can burn that fire brightly! Old tree stumps, pallets, doors, logs. If it’s wooden we’ll burn it! The more the merrier!

4)    Saturdays greenlane/scenic drive is 75 miles long. Please make sure you have enough fuel on board. Plenty of time to cover it all, and quite a few lanes that none of you will have seen before. The route finishes near Milborne St Andrew, and gives you the option to take on TWO very special Fords if you feel like you have time. One of which is the big one at Moreton. Some of it is very green, and we have pruned most of the really bad bits. It might be worth someone in each time having a set of loppers or shears with them just to cover all angles. Safari roof Land Rover shouldn’t have an issue, but please be careful and marshal each other if required. You will be able to get fuel on the way back in Blandford Forum should you need it.

5)    I will be collecting the meat/rolls etc from the butchers and shop in Sixpenny on the Saturday afternoon on my way back. Please bear with us while we try to get the BBQ going and get things moving.

6)    For those potential group leaders and general interest, I have attached the GPX file for our Saturday greenlaning route. I will be providing an overview of the route for those interested at 20:00 in the campsite bar. As some of this is a tad scratchy in places I can advise on non-scratchy if something would like to put a team together. Note. The main route is NOT damaging.

7)    As per previous years the campsite has asked me to collect and collate the cash on their behalf. Please try if you can to provide me with the exact amount on arrival so that I don’t run out of change. Prices are different this year. I will instead try to target you all around the campfire, it’s easier for me this way.

8)    As per previous years there will be donations box out in the marquee for Wiltshire Air Ambulance. Please feel free to donate! They do a wonderful job.

9)    Don’t forget to bring your home brew for sampling! I’ve got 20L of Cider brewed in Rum barrels here ready to go!

10)    Friday nights fancy dress theme IF you want to take part is Pirates OR Pirate Farmers…. hmmm

11)    If you have a pop-up marquee that you would like to deploy adjacent to the main marquee to provide additional shelter should the weather turn, then please do so!

12)    Please also note. The Campsite Café is NOT open for Breakfast on the Friday morning, OR dinner on the Thursday evening. The Budgens in the village is well stocked, and there are plenty of good pubs locally. The nearest being in Tollard Royal just up the road. But the best one is the Horseshoe Inn at Ebbesbourne Wake. As mentioned on the Facebook page, some of us are heading up to the Horseshoe Inn at Ebbesbourne Wake on Thursday evening for dinner. Feel free to join us for dinner or a pint! You will need to book direct if you plan to eat, it’s quite a dinky pub.

13)    Cheese lovers. You might want to bring some crackers. I’ve got 7.5KG of cheddar on order from the butchers. Get your teeth into that you filthy animals!

14)    There is a Autojumble/sort out/Car Boot sale taking place at the opposite end of the Rally Field on the Sunday morning. Bring cash so you can take more junk home.

In the meantime, I hope everyone has a safe journey up or down. I very much look forward to catching up with you all. If the weather is a wash out then we can blame Clive. If the weather is too hot, we can also blame Clive. 😊

See you next week!

--
James Williams

TimV

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 5393
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2022, 07:31:27 PM »

James

It's the Tolpuddle festival that weekend, are we going anywhere near it? Supposed to be some road closures.
Tim
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 23 queries.