S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High hedges  (Read 809 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
High hedges
« on: September 30, 2021, 05:09:01 AM »

Hi,

Alan commented (somewhere, somewhen, that I find) about the uncontrolled height of roadside hedges.

I just found this ... https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200130/common_projects/29/high_hedges, which seems to suggest that the Local Authority can act, but maybe not in the circumstances that affect us. ... neighbours disputes rather than highway hazards ... but my mate was ordered to lop branches that were obstructing passing buses. Whatever, the above link is worth a shufti, and adding to your knowledge, for future reference.

My own saga continues, at a background search for information level.

The Planning Portal for HEIGHT OF FENCES seems to say that if an existing fence, on a highway border, exceeds one metre, I can replace it, but the new fence must not be higher than the original. There seems to be no advice on extending the length my "original" two metre high fence (by 12 metres) along its border with the highway. I have recently removed a 600mm high wicket fence from the stretch where i wand to place the new fence. Hmmm???

I guess I'll have to bite the bullet ... nearly £300 for a planning application.  :stars

The thought crosses my mind, that a planning application is for developing a property. To my mind, that suggests that I can add a DROPPED KERB to that application, without increasing the application fee. Discuss

The plot is about 5 metres wide, dropping to about 2 metres, over a 12 metre length.

I will try to post some pictures ... fingers crossed.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
Re: High hedges
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 05:19:57 AM »

Hey ...

It worked, apart from me clicking on the same picture twice.

I'll try to give a shot from the other direction.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 05:25:51 AM »

Double Doh! .... literally.

The short length of brick wall, is on the SW corner of my back garden. Why?

Maybe the developers (in 1985) had some spare bricks to get rid of. ???

Smokey 11a

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6784
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 07:06:19 AM »

My Local council (LB of Hillingdon), the only place you cannot have a 2m high fence is the front of the house.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 05:37:01 AM »

the only place you cannot have a 2m high fence is the front of the house.

Hi Smokey,

Thanks for that, but it differs from the advice on the PLANNING PORTAL. I don't know if the Planning Portal is local, or national.

I have written (under stamp) to the Planners, asking for a visit. "No answer!" was the stern reply.

There is a system of identifying one's local representative, and being presented with a hi-tech route to messaging them. About a week later, my PC asks if they replied. I believe this is a way of counting how many times they respond to their constituents. Useful to know next time they ask for your vote.

For reasons that I won't go into here, I am reluctant to vote for my representative's party, because being a coalition, nobody gets the government that they voted for.

Many yonks ago, I read that every councillor represents every constituent, so I'm drafting a cry for help to the local leader of the party that I did vote for.
even though he is not my representative. My RAF sergeant told me ... don't write to your MP ... write to the opposition.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 21 queries.