S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: What you did with your Series 2 in November ...  (Read 5416 times)

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:
What you did with your Series 2 in November ...
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2021, 05:42:40 PM »

Found a small box of new expensive parts that I had carefully put aside over a year ago for safe keeping and promptly lost... :thud
Happy bunny now!
1965 88" Station Wagon
1968 Rover 1 Air Portable

Bradley66

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 5351
  • .:
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2021, 07:00:06 PM »

What did I do today ? It broke down and had to be towed home.

Big-chris

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 3365
  • .:
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2021, 07:25:15 PM »

Spent half hour brushing and scraping the 2~3 inches of snow and ice off the cars, fire truck and the LandRover last, I had to nip her in doors to the daughters, just about to go, picked the 109’s keys up opened the door and swmbo said ‘are you joking’ ‘with THE LOOK’  :agh handed me the Merc keys  :shakeinghead so we went out in a vehicle with heated everything  ???
Maybe next time eh  :RHD
Never argue with an idiot! They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!

martinrh

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6601
  • .:
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2021, 10:59:30 AM »

Found out that a 58 Land Rover, with a fairly feeble engine, loaded with half a ton of logs, can tow a 110 Defender up some quite steep hills :-)
Admittedly not very quickly.

martinrh

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6601
  • .:
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2021, 04:18:19 PM »

Found out that a 58 Land Rover, with a fairly feeble engine, loaded with half a ton of logs, can tow a 110 Defender up some quite steep hills :-)
Admittedly not very quickly.
Before I cause too much consternation, I meant 'a 58 year old Land Rover', mine is from 1963 :-)

andyjb

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 4619
  • .:
  • Misty 1972 Series 3 Petrol LPG
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2021, 04:42:20 PM »

A lovely bracing early morning drive to work at minus 4 today. I missed de-icing my passenger wing mirror, it was still iced up on the way home at dinnertime.
Misty 1972 Series 3 SWB 2.25 Petrol LPG

Genem

• Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4186
  • .:
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2021, 06:51:17 PM »

An "interesting " weekend, after Friday nights visit by Arwen the Elven Princess....  Hundreds of trees down, power out all across the village from Friday night until late this afternoon - and not just out here in the sticks, Callander, Pop 5000 had the same issues. FM Radio signal still gone, Mobile phones were down too and as part of our Internet consists of Fibre run along old telephone poles, that's been minced too. Currently working by tethering my phone to the PC, a ropey 3G signal instead of the usual 4G....  Lucky for us we are "off-grid" so still had power and hot water, neighbours came round for a warm up, bringing some refreshments...

On Sat morning, trying to get out to town, I'd cut three trees out of the way then found this across the road... spotted the even bigger one just beyond, gave up and left it to the Councils professionals !  Fair play to them they'd got the roads open by late Sat.
I'm not totally daft, some bits are missing

Matt Reeves

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6086
  • .:
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2021, 08:59:18 PM »

On Sat morning, trying to get out to town, I'd cut three trees out of the way then found this across the road... spotted the even bigger one just beyond, gave up and left it to the Councils professionals !  Fair play to them they'd got the roads open by late Sat.

Think I'd have done the same Gene, clearing wind falls like that can be a dicey game. We came off light here in west Wales compared to many, but I keep watching the remaining Larch along the boundary which are due to be clear felled by March due to disease, the sooner they are gone the better!.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 19 queries.