S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance Wisdom.  (Read 1787 times)

Tom

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3375
  • .:
Re: Insurance Wisdom.
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2022, 06:12:30 AM »

Simon
One of the Classic car insurers has a valuation table for land rovers but I cant remember which one.

Peter

Are you thinking of Hagertys valuation table?

https://www.hagerty.co.uk/valuation/tool/

Simon1959

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6929
  • .:
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2022, 11:05:23 AM »

Yes, that's the one. There are four levels and it quickly takes you from circa £9k to £34k so no fine graduations. I selected the second option which gave me a valuation of £16k and a price of £133 for 1,000 miles pa. It did mention discounts for club members.

I will take a look at the others over the weekend and see where I get to. To be fair to Classic Line, they were very good when I needed to change my insurance to 7 seats. That has value to me.

Eve

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 3042
  • .:
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2022, 11:38:06 AM »

I've been with Footman James for a number of years.

This was my last renewal quote.  It's for a 1966 2.25 petrol 88" utility with agreed value of £10+k.

Your Classic Car Insurance Premium £56.00
The FJ+ optional covers that you have selected provided by Ageas Insurance Limited:
Agreed Value £12.00
The FJ+ optional products provided by other Insurers:
Roadside, Recovery & Onward Travel underwritten by RAC £60.00
Arrangement Fee £20.00
Total £148.00

A couple of years ago I obtained quotes from a couple of other insurers often mentioned on here, but they were a lot more expensive so I've stayed with FJ.

Maybe I could get a cheaper breakdown cover deal elsewhere  ???  But on the one occasion I did break down (blocked fuel jet) I was attended to within the hour so can't complain.

1966 SWB Utility Marine Blue 2.25 Petrol

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2022, 07:48:34 AM »

Hi,

My mate (Registrar General of Shipping) traded his half share in a DB2 for an engagement ring and a Mini-van.

His insurers refused to insure a van unless it was used for business. So he declared himself to be a Civil Servant/Bee Keeper  He had a stall at the Royal Welsh every year, and did a thriving trade in mead at the Swansea Valley Music Festival (Yes, he did inform the Revenue Men).

The Mini-van was written-off on an icy hill, and he is now on his fourth wife ... says he can't afford any more. He is now into property.

He also wrote MILAG, a book about WW2 Merchant Navy Prisoners of War, which had to go for a reprint before he lost interest. Barbare is acknowledged as being the Proof Reader.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.