S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB projector to borrow please for Somerset pub meet Nov 13th  (Read 1863 times)

Michael

USB projector to borrow please for Somerset pub meet Nov 13th
« on: October 23, 2019, 07:06:17 PM »

Sorry would be in pub event thread but we don't have one for the next pub meet yet.

Olwen is preparing a slide show of 2019 photos etc (hopefully none of Chloe in, er, alternative garb). We can bring a laptop to the next pub meet to show them, but it would be better if someone coming to that meet could bring a projector that we can plug into the laptop, ideally a screen too. Even better a projector that will accept just a memory stick ie one that can produce a slideshow from the data without a PC.

If anyone local can help that would be much appreciated, else we will simply use the laptop which may not be as good.

Cheers, Michael & Olwen

Davidss

• S2C Member
  • Grand master of the oils
  • Member no : 2241
  • .:
Re: USB projector to borrow please for Somerset pub meet Nov 13th
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 08:39:00 AM »

The alternative approach is to use a second-hand flatscreen TV. Using an appropriate cable you plug this in as an external monitor. Following the initial idea and research by me, the Derbyshire GLASS rep bought one off eBay for about £50 IIRC. This is primarily used to demonstrate TW2 at local Drop-in Days, where it has proved very successful.
The rep thinks it's a little heavy to carry around, but that seems to be it's only drawback.

I have never been involved in setting it up, but it came with a stand so sits on a table. If you bought one that only had a wall mount some sort of table stand would have to be fabricated.
Consider how far away the PC is to be from the screen, as this will influence the length of cable required, or if an extension cable is needed.
Also consider the style of connector on your PC, Serial 9 pin used to be standard, but nowadays it might be 'different' (It is on mine, but I've forgotten the correct 3 letter description).

If you have a TV licence the TV can be used at home as a second set, for TV or Games, if that is your bag.

Regards.

Michael

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 05:31:31 PM »

Thanks David but no, we aren't really telly people. Its just a one off show of photos at the next pub meet. Regards, Michael

DICHO

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2019, 03:35:26 PM »

Hi Michael
I can bring a projector that can plug into your laptop HDMI port. But i have no screen.

Richard

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 03:39:47 PM »

If the pub/meeting room has no plain white ish wall then hang a sheet up using 2 large bulldog clips - hoping there's something to clip to ???

Who's a then ?

Michael

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2019, 03:17:06 PM »

Hi Michael
I can bring a projector that can plug into your laptop HDMI port. But i have no screen.

Richard
Thanks Richard, much appreciated. We found teh HDMI port, now just need to work out how to create a slide show, used to be easy but then we got progress!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 18 queries.