S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic Bulkhead Shop - Delivery time  (Read 1329 times)

Libby_59series2

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 7130
  • .:
Classic Bulkhead Shop - Delivery time
« on: June 16, 2021, 09:01:56 PM »

Dear All,

I just wanted to check if anyone else has an order in with Classic Bulkheads from their shop and what the experience has been with them.

I ordered some footwells and door pillar bottom brackets 3 weeks ago and apart from one phone call where i was told it was all ok i have had no contact or even confirmation e-mail and today the Phone number did not work. the £141 has gone to them from my account.

Is this Normal or is there a known delay ?

Just want to make sure i shouldn't worry.

gilbo

• Master of the oils
Re: Classic Bulkhead Shop - Delivery time
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 07:53:39 AM »

I have never heard of them but it is a long time since I have been in the market for any of these type of components.

However, I have just found their website and frankly I would not have used them. Any 'business' that does not provide a full address and only a mobile number would not get my business and their site does not have much to look at. I know it says they are online only but still!

I hope it is just a glitch for you but I think I would be concerned.

Alan Drover

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 7511
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 08:06:40 AM »

Out of curiosity I looked them up never having heard of them anyI agree with gilbo.  When I replaced my Series 3 bulkhead June 2020  I used Robert Owen after seeing one of their bulkheads on 3019 on a Series 3 and talking to Ian at ASV who fitted it.
My brand new bulkhead, sprayed in the colour I wanted with internai rustproofing and optional stonechip was £1,800 delivered.
Classic Bulkheads sounds a similar set up to Ashtree Bulkheads and look what happened to them. The bulkheads aren't new but refurbished. I wonder if Classic Bulkheads bought Ashtree's after the latter went down.
Series 3 owner but interested in all Land Rovers.
'Being born was my first big mistake!'

Mowersman

• Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 08:08:43 AM »

Assuming this is classic bulkheads in Birmingham, then everything I have heard is that their communication is far from brilliant. I have actually been there, a friend of mine had his bulkhead rebuilt by them and I went up to collect it with him.
I can understand the issue. Its run by two guys out of basically a large garage, tucked behind a suburban shop. They came across as nice people, very good at fabrication, but not necessarily the business type.
I think a few others on here have had some communication problems, but I can't remember how they were resolved.
Andrew
FUD216C 1965 SWB running a 19J/200 TDI hybrid, on 100% WVO all year round.
NFO515 1961 109SW EX mil, rebuilt 2.25 petrol on LPG (26100012a)

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 08:59:04 AM »

Assuming this is classic bulkheads in Birmingham, then everything I have heard is that their communication is far from brilliant. I have actually been there, a friend of mine had his bulkhead rebuilt by them and I went up to collect it with him.
I can understand the issue. Its run by two guys out of basically a large garage, tucked behind a suburban shop. They came across as nice people, very good at fabrication, but not necessarily the business type.
I think a few others on here have had some communication problems, but I can't remember how they were resolved.
Andrew

I would agree with Andrew. I wouldn't be concerned particularly but I would anticipate having to make more phone calls than you would like to chase them up. On the plus side, the parts you have ordered came from the same source for mine, on the recommendation of Tony Wood. Even my bulkhead fabricator who is ultra picky was happy with them.

A lot more Series parts are made by men in sheds than is at first apparent. Most of Charles Emberton's parts are actually made that way and he is the distribution channel. This is why they go out of stock with such regularity - it's not that he fails to order, he just doesn't get supply! Not directly relevant to bulkhead parts but it illustrates that if even he can't get planned delivery there isn't much hope for the rest of us and we just have to live with the timeframes as they are.

Alec

George P

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 6803
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 10:09:52 AM »

I recently used them for my bulkhead and had the same issue. They are lovely people but are so busy that communication isn’t their top priority. The parts however are first class, suggest you keep ringing them, if they don’t answer just keep trying as leaving voicemails doesn’t work

Libby_59series2

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 7130
  • .:
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 09:29:27 AM »

Just as an update, i received my order today and now feel terribly guilty for raising the query, the parts look great and they have thrown in an entire central panel with the section to connect to the gearbox tunnel for free !

Which is exactly what they said they would do.

Evidently they are just very busy and not sure why there number might have stopped working.

I cant wait to get them fitted.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 19 queries.