S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aftermarket central locking problem  (Read 300 times)

gormless_greasemonkey

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 7492
  • .:
Aftermarket central locking problem
« on: November 29, 2022, 07:38:02 PM »

An aftermarket locking system was fitted to my Tdci Defender by the previous owner. It wasn't fitted well and has generally been a pain in the neck. To be fair it's largely down to the install, drilled holes without grommets or any kind of covering of the wires has been the main issue, the kit itself has been reliable.

My current problem is that the actuator on the drivers side (ie the one with 5 wires) isn't working. With the door card off, testing the voltage on blue and green to earth shows only about 5.5v. if I use a batter to apply 12v to the wires, however, it works, so if I am not mistaken, there's nothing wrong with the actuator. I tested the voltage going into the controller, it's 12v. I have continuity on all the wires going from the controller to the main actuator, but I haven't removed the wires completely as yet, them being buried inside the dash which is no picnic to faff about with on a Defender.

Can anyone advise what should I be looking for here? The earthing of the black wire, maybe?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.