S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Steering wheel boss 48 spine 22mm internal diameter  (Read 1120 times)

Andrlaws

Steering wheel boss 48 spine 22mm internal diameter
« on: December 23, 2020, 11:28:06 AM »

I am looking for a steering wheel boss hub to replace series 2 steering wheel. The spec is 48 spline and a 22.2 mm or 7/8 inch internal diameter.

Can anyone help please?

Andrew

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: Steering wheel boss 48 spine 22mm internal diameter
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 12:17:36 PM »

Hi Andrew,

My first reaction is that you are on a "hiding to nothing", but I note you do not say what steering column you want it to fit.  So, For starters, try .... 

Me? If I wanted to fit a boy-racer steering wheel onto on S2. I'd first fit a steering column from an S3, which uses a centre nut on the threaded end of the S3 column, instead of the pinch bolt that squeezes the S1, S2, S2A wheel onto the column.

My understanding is that Range Rover, and MGB steering wheels, will spline onto the S3 columns, which should give you a huge range of steering wheel bosses on the "After-market".

Check out (Google) MOTOLYMPIA for after market steering wheels, and steering wheel bosses ... they stock tradiional looking wire steering wheels, and bosses, but I never knew the spec of early Land Rover steering wheel hubs.

Please tell us what you find.

PS The Motolympia catalogue is a useful addition to your technical library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.