S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Downloading my camera to lap-top. Advice needed.  (Read 4944 times)

A-Ro

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 1998
  • .:
Re: Downloading my camera to lap-top. Advice needed.
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2021, 08:11:45 AM »

I’ve sent you a PM.
When designing something to be foolproof never underestimate the ingenuity of fools.

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2021, 08:43:47 AM »

Without any doubt your images will be too big.

They need to be run through a photo editing package/app/program.

I believe you said you were a fan of MS Paint.
This is still available in Windows 10, it's just hidden away.

These things are often easy peasy lemon squeezy for the young.
Why not have your Grandson have a look for you.

Again, a 1,2,3,4 list of actions on a crib sheet to reduce the image size is what you need.

:photo
Who's a then ?

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2021, 10:25:53 AM »

Not sure if this helps, but as I believe you are using Windows 10 now, there is a simple image resize function in Windows 10.

Open the image in "Photos"
Click on the three dots at the top right of the screen
A drop down menu will show a "resize" option
Resize to M (Medium)
When saving, its best to name the file something different or it will overwrite the original image to the lower resolution.
Upload the renamed reduced file to the forum.
1965 88" Station Wagon
1968 Rover 1 Air Portable

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2021, 10:57:23 PM »

Hi,

Er ... I hadn't looked here recently, so missed all the comments. My thanks to all.

Alan, it was MS Publisher that I was familiar with, I have been using it for many years ... and now I can't ???  I see it is available to purchase ( I'm wary of the free offers, and if it comes in the form of a disc, I would not be able to load it.)

I read somewhere, very recently, that Windows 11 is "coming soon".

I'm off to bed now, but will come back in the morning.

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2021, 08:53:34 PM »

Yes, Windows 11 will be rolled out at the end of this year.

If you have your updates switched it will happen automatically.
The upgrade roll out will be staggered to reduce load on the internet.
If your computer is relatively new it will take the (free) upgrade.
There is an app somewhere that will test your computer to see if an upgrade to Windows 11 is possible,

You should note that Microsoft have said that they will stop supporting Windows 10 in October 2025.

Windows 11 looks good, the desktop is looking more like an iMac than ever. You can see a convergence of the two OS's.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2021, 06:03:02 AM »

Hi Allan,

If the boffins could program computers in Australian, us Brits would only take a few minutes to become fluent.   :cheers

Our grandson shows no interest in anything technical ... or anything, really. Similarly our grand-daughter. Our daughter is the PC boffin in the family, but during lock-down, she scarcely gets a minute to herself, away from the telephone, during banking hours. I visit every weekday, hand Wilkie over to grandson, and settle down with a book. Daughter makes me a cup of coffee, and returns to the telephone.

Saturday, daughter visits us (taxi) makes us a mid-day meal, walks Wilkie, and I take her home. Daughter does not drive, and I'm reluctant to leave Barbara on her own for longer than necessary.

Sundays, Wilkie does not get a walk. as my knees tell me not to.

Hopefully both grand-kids will be getting jobs soon, Granddaughter already has an offer. Daughter retires in 2027.

We'll have to try getting Barbara into her car, sometime soon, or work out an alternative. What are her/our options?

Life is a blur.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2021, 06:08:59 AM »

Hi,

Try this link ... should take 3 minutes to read ... https://brisbanesurgeon.com.au/news/jeep-bottom

But back to previous comments about "medically required" ride comfort ... would parabolic suspension provide the required softness? Are parabolic springs available, that would give the standard ride height?

If challenged, (and somebody else was paying), I recon I could fit either Model T transverse spring suspension, or jaguar XJ IRS, at both ends of a Series, using a bog-standard Series chassis ... but I haven't counted how many points I would lose on the way. Hmmm! Suspension, steering, and axles ... probably too many. Doh! And anyway, it would be too tall for Barbara to climb into.

602 (who still yearns to do something silly ... but fun).

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2021, 12:03:31 PM »

I recon I could fit either Model T transverse spring suspension, or jaguar XJ IRS, at both ends of a Series,

Hi,

In case anybody is wondering, I'd cobble up a couple of sub-frames, that would locate on the four spring hanger points at each end, then take it from there .... :stars

No need to modify the actual chassis, so keep the 8 points.

The problem comes when you don't want to raise the ride height. Not insurmountable, but starting to get complicated. File under "Back Burner".

I'm also thinking about a subframe that locates on the four engine/gear box brackets, to support an electric motor.

Does anybody have any ideas, or even knowledge, about a handbrake system that would bolt onto the front of the rear differential (Or even the front diff? ... though I'd prefer to use a 2WD front axle.

We can all dream ...

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2023, 06:00:12 PM »

Hi,

I'm not sure why this just appeared on my screen. ??? Par for my course I suppose.

When I changed to W10, my Guru (actually a telephone man) told me that I had to have more characters in my user name, and in my circumstances, they would need to be numerals. It doesn't really matter, as I've forgotten how to log on using my old identity. I feel like the DVLC staff, who told Barbara (Contracts Manager) when she hired them a car, that they had never driven a car with power steering, nor an automatic gearbox. Easy to laugh ... once you've done it. (Barbara screeched when she climbed into a Ferrari, at Silverdtone, and couldn't find the gear shift. But settled down when her passenger explained how "paddle-shift" worked. 125mph in a strange car! I still wake up ... screaming.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 19 queries.