S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2023 S2C Annual Rally - Peak District  (Read 755 times)

Philmicky

• S2C Member
  • Member no : 5333
  • .:
2023 S2C Annual Rally - Peak District
« on: June 18, 2023, 10:35:33 AM »

Only 54 Days until the Peak District Rally cut of for postal entries will be sunday 16th july due to prossesing as it takes a couple of weeks for this prosess cut of for online entries will be sunday 30th july as i will be busy with finalisation prep the week after and entries might get missed we have a great intenery with something happening every night and events during the day please see B2L for entry forms

Philmicky

• S2C Member
  • Member no : 5333
  • .:
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 12:43:33 PM »

Just a little note regarding the rally as some members aren't clearly informed as to what is going of for their £21.50

On Thursday we will be visiting Critch tramway on display for 09:45 approximately will be leaving camp site between 09:00/09:30  ( driver of Landrover gets in for free as we are part of a display until 15:30/16:00 other passengers have to pay ) then it's Great British car journey (£13) per person back to Cromford Meadows.  Approximaly 19:00 there will be cupcakes biscuits and a brew etc. available there will be some games - trophies to be handed out Saturday night to the winners.

Friday we are off to Castleton to visit the caves unfortunately I haven't been able to obtain a discount but still a good day out with the only place you can purchase Blue John. One cave has a boat journey and 2 are walking caves. On the way back we can call into some of the local towns. At 20:00 we have a singer 2 sets of 45 mins with half hour inteval. I have arranged for the number 1 at the time of Landrover launch 75 years ago as 1st song and the 65 number 1 when the Series 2 launched 1st song for 2nd half.

The rugby club bar will be open Saturday. We are down at Butterly train station on display from 09:45 till 16:00. I am still in talks on price for the train. We should have Mark Savell with Pimsol, there this is a treat. Then back to Cromford for BBQ, Ukulele players, prize giving, auto jumble etc.

Sunday I am arranging a few crafty stalls for people to look at and hopefully purchase some goodies while photos are being done and just before departure we will have a 65th cake drink and goodbyes for another year.

I hope this itinerary is to everyone's satisfaction, so for £21.50 you are not just getting a burger and sausage. I haven't included green lanes as that's self explanatory.

DogDave

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 7210
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 01:34:26 PM »

Really looking forward to this. I can only begin to imagine the amount of work that must go into putting one of these events on. You certainly have a tough act to follow after Somerset last year but  looks like some great activities. For £21.50 I think it’s a bargain. A cinema ticket for 2 costs more than that round here for 2 hrs of entertainment, not several days.

Peter Holden

• S2C Vehicle Registration Officer
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4528
  • .:
  • Peter Holden
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 01:59:32 PM »

Well said Dave

Peter
A Yorkshireman on missionary duty in Lancashire

Adam1958

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 8062
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2023, 07:24:20 PM »

Bit late to the part I know, but is there still space at the rally?

Peter Holden

• S2C Vehicle Registration Officer
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4528
  • .:
  • Peter Holden
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2023, 08:40:04 AM »

There are still spaces but you had best be quick, postal bookings by July 16th and online by 30th July

Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 19 queries.