S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 'Opheers 2023' (Belgium) 17th - 20th August  (Read 1106 times)

Bugeye

• .:
'Opheers 2023' (Belgium) 17th - 20th August
« on: January 19, 2023, 04:04:47 PM »

Hello everybody,

First of all a late happy New Year. After few years absence we're happy to announce that our 'Series only meeting' will take place again in the village of Opheers, Belgium some 3h drive from Dover (or Hoek van Holland). Program will be more or less same as previous years so in short;

WEDNESDAY: arrival of participants during the day, installation on site, possibility to play some ’swivel bouls’, meeting people/making new friends, getting under bonnets, simply relax after 100’s of miles, ... In the evening welcome drink and we provide soup(probably tomato(as always… ;-)). Bonfire & beertent.

THURSDAY: breakfast(bread, butter, cheese, ham, jam, choco paste, coffee, tea,…). You can do whatever you like; chill on campground, visit stuff(museum, mine, cave, brewery, old town,…) in the region(I can advice), go out for some laning (I'm sure there will be people up for this and have something in mind(and in their satnav by now…)…),…  Personally I was thinking bout going to the village of Kanne along river Meuse or visit the Paix Dieu monastery/brewery. Still time to think I guess. In the evening there’s the ‘buffet of local specialities’. You simply bring some tasty food of you’re own region; local cheeses, meat, fish, biscuits, pie, soup, sausages, ‘quiche',… so everybody can have 'a taste of different parts of Europe’. Google a bit if you don’t have much inspiration; I’m sure there must be in any region some fine specialities. In the evening bonfire & beertent.

FRIDAY: breakfast, ‘Friday activity’; Gunter(Casaprima, yellow 109 SIII SW) and his sister Barbara will organise this. Lunch you’ll have to make while/after having breakfast; we provide bread, butter, cheese, ham, jam, … Drinks you’ll have to provide yourselves.
Gunter will sent an email few wks before the meeting. In the evening we serve a typical Belgian dish, bonfire & beertent.

SATURDAY: continental breakfast, round 9h30-10h30 start of some greenlaning tours and Jef, Pieter, Wannes, ... and myself(or any other person who is up for this of course! Please sent me an email if you’re interested or have a roadbook(as we call it)somewhere) will lead a small(6-7 Series max.) group. Lunch in a so called ‘frituur’(chips and all sorts of meat at very democratic prices) which is so typical for our country.. In the evening there’s a large BBQ (fish,meat, vegetables & dessert) and of course an XXL bonfire & beertent.

SUNDAY: full English breakfast, trophees (if anyone has suggestions I’ll be happy to make one extra of course! ‘longest ownership' we’ve already had...), more greenlaning for those who want, ‘swivel bouls’, ham(& cheese)-burgers round 14h00 and saying goodbye. You can stay an extra night of course!

So for all those who want to relax for 4-5 days and enjoy a lot of nice food, beers/drinks, greenlaning, activities, bonfires(I have an enormous pile after last year drought(no bonfires)…),… in a very relaxed, quiet international, atmosphere; you know where to drive early July...

Cheers,

Carl

Ps. I try to upload some photos but I'm an idiot with computers so if someone has few good pictures...

22900013A

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 7404
    • 1 Ton Land-Rovers
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 04:54:38 PM »

Tempting. Quite an epic in a 1 Ton. I wonder if we will see a convoy from the UK? I'd be looking at at least four tanks of petrol each way haha!
1966 88 "
1969 109 " 1-Ton
1972 109 " 1-Ton
2011 Defender 110

strang

• Chassis welder
  • Euro-leafing to infinity and beyond
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 07:28:30 PM »

Hi Carl - Ive never made this event for various reasons as you know, but with this year being the 75th I must make an effort. Do the dates clash with Les temps des series 'Bal' this year though?

gilbo

• Master of the oils
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 08:53:06 PM »

Hi Carl - Ive never made this event for various reasons as you know, but with this year being the 75th I must make an effort. Do the dates clash with Les temps des series 'Bal' this year though?

I am pretty sure Carl has made this the weekend following Bal des Series this year deliberately as the Opheers event is usually early July.
HTH

Bugeye

• .:
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2023, 12:04:49 PM »

Apparently I can't edit message anymore but it's first weekend of September. Maybe admin can change this?

Cheers,

Carl

gilbo

• Master of the oils
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 01:04:04 PM »

I am pretty sure Carl has made this the weekend following Bal des Series this year deliberately as the Opheers event is usually early July.
HTH

OK so the title date has been changed!! It is now the week before the Bal it seems!

Bugeye

• .:
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 01:42:21 PM »

Thanks Dave. So in text above it's still 'you know where to drive early July' but this has to be '...middle of August.

Bugeye

• .:
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 01:47:13 PM »

So new dates are 16/17th of August - 20th of August.

Cheers,

Carl

Bugeye

• .:
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2023, 01:47:30 PM »

Hello everybody,

First of all a late happy New Year. After few years absence we're happy to announce that our 'Series only meeting' will take place again in the village of Opheers, Belgium some 3h drive from Dover (or Hoek van Holland). Program will be more or less same as previous years so in short;

WEDNESDAY: arrival of participants during the day, installation on site, possibility to play some ’swivel bouls’, meeting people/making new friends, getting under bonnets, simply relax after 100’s of miles, ... In the evening welcome drink and we provide soup(probably tomato(as always… ;-)). Bonfire & beertent.

THURSDAY: breakfast(bread, butter, cheese, ham, jam, choco paste, coffee, tea,…). You can do whatever you like; chill on campground, visit stuff(museum, mine, cave, brewery, old town,…) in the region(I can advice), go out for some laning (I'm sure there will be people up for this and have something in mind(and in their satnav by now…)…),…  Personally I was thinking bout going to the village of Kanne along river Meuse or visit the Paix Dieu monastery/brewery. Still time to think I guess. In the evening there’s the ‘buffet of local specialities’. You simply bring some tasty food of you’re own region; local cheeses, meat, fish, biscuits, pie, soup, sausages, ‘quiche',… so everybody can have 'a taste of different parts of Europe’. Google a bit if you don’t have much inspiration; I’m sure there must be in any region some fine specialities. In the evening bonfire & beertent.

FRIDAY: breakfast, ‘Friday activity’; Gunter(Casaprima, yellow 109 SIII SW) and his sister Barbara will organise this. Lunch you’ll have to make while/after having breakfast; we provide bread, butter, cheese, ham, jam, … Drinks you’ll have to provide yourselves.
Gunter will sent an email few wks before the meeting. In the evening we serve a typical Belgian dish, bonfire & beertent.

SATURDAY: continental breakfast, round 9h30-10h30 start of some greenlaning tours and Jef, Pieter, Wannes, ... and myself(or any other person who is up for this of course! Please sent me an email if you’re interested or have a roadbook(as we call it)somewhere) will lead a small(6-7 Series max.) group. Lunch in a so called ‘frituur’(chips and all sorts of meat at very democratic prices) which is so typical for our country.. In the evening there’s a large BBQ (fish,meat, vegetables & dessert) and of course an XXL bonfire & beertent.

SUNDAY: full English breakfast, trophees (if anyone has suggestions I’ll be happy to make one extra of course! ‘longest ownership' we’ve already had...), more greenlaning for those who want, ‘swivel bouls’, ham(& cheese)-burgers round 14h00 and saying goodbye. You can stay an extra night of course!

So for all those who want to relax for 4-5 days and enjoy a lot of nice food, beers/drinks, greenlaning, activities, bonfires(I have an enormous pile after last year drought(no bonfires)…),… in a very relaxed, quiet international, atmosphere; you know where to drive early July...

Cheers,

Carl

Ps. I try to upload some photos but I'm an idiot with computers so if someone has few good pictures...

strang

• Chassis welder
  • Euro-leafing to infinity and beyond
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 05:01:01 PM »

OK so the title date has been changed!! It is now the week before the Bal it seems!

Great stuff - I can actually make those dates. This must be the only European 'series' event that I have never been too!

Scumduggler

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 3969
  • .:
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2023, 03:05:21 PM »

So which weekend is this happening now?  Before or after the  Bal des Series?  And who do I  book with?
I'm not wrong, it's just a different point of view.

Bugeye

• .:
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2023, 02:37:01 PM »

Hello, 16/17th - 20th of August so weekend before French do. All those interested please sent me an email.

[email protected]

Inscription form will be available soon.

Cheers,

Carl

Bugeye

• .:
Re: 'Opheers 2023' (Belgium) 17th - 20th August
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2023, 06:43:11 AM »

Hello everybody,

Inscriptions are open; please PM or sent me email for inscription form. [email protected]

Cheers,

Carl

Bugeye

• .:
Re: 'Opheers 2023' (Belgium) 17th - 20th August
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2023, 06:43:33 AM »

Hello everybody,

Inscriptions are open; please PM or sent me email for inscription form. [email protected]

Cheers,

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.