S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: LRM Live - Malvern 20-21 May  (Read 1247 times)

john999

• Chassis welder
Re: LRM Live - Malvern 20-21 May
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2023, 08:05:48 PM »

All in all I enjoyed the event, but I was just there to have a potter and not to specifically buy anything. There were not enough people flogging old LR tat definitely and far too many people selling new cheap Chinese tools and similar rubbish. The same happened at Beaulieu the other week. All those cheapo general traders just go to everything and in my view just clog the place up.

If it were my show, I'd lay out better.
Cheap Chinese tat stalls put to the other side of Wolverhampton... Or at least in another field...
Private sellers "car booting" all in one area
LR dedicated retailers - large area for new products, accessories and parts
Maybe a LR vehicle auction.
Keep club display areas as they were.
Large display ring - maybe some small time fun events such as a tug of war, seesaw and so on

I think it has great potential to become a great event - just needs a bit of fettling. The trouble is that there are too many similar events (most being run by the same organisers!).
Good point about laying the show site out better, makes things easier to find and you can bypass the areas your not interested in. :tiphat

jonhutchings

• Hub seal tester
  • .:
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2023, 07:25:19 PM »

There was an auction of Land Rovers and parts run by pughs on the Saturday morning. No announcement  on site that it had started, no advance viewing the previous day, and Pughs had a much bigger sale on (tractors etc) at their  Ledbury site up the road, at exactly the same time.

Hardly anyone in the room at Malvern when stuff was selling, results are on the hjpughs site, but it's not clear what actually sold on the days, since the 2 series ones didn't sell, and yet are listed with their final bid price in the results ?

Needed to be much better promoted IMHO, felt like it was only happening as LRM wanted an auction at the event, and pughs hadn't put much effort into it.

john999

• Chassis welder
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2023, 07:42:11 PM »

Looks like the auction was a none event. Living in Malvern I have been to a few of there auctions and found many lots go unsold then reappear a few months later. Just another auctioneers ploy!.
The organizers do need to sort out the show site and get more things going on, remember the event that used to be held at Eastnor Castle, plenty to do all day.
I did feel for the two stands who found themselves situated in the large marque, a bit like a ghost town. Lets hope next years event is better. :tiphat
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.