S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated Screen Group Purchase  (Read 63118 times)

Jesse411

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 4741
  • .:
Re: Heated Screen Group Purchase
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2019, 09:49:59 AM »

I would like a pair please. Add me to the list, thanks,
Regards Hugh.

100+9

« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2019, 01:46:06 PM »

I'm not sure where the 'business' aspect of this you refer to in your post comes from though - it will be a 'group purchase' from a supplier who will set their discount accordingly.

Alec
"Ah, you need Mr. Bunce."

Agreed, we shouldn't get into anything as tawdry as 'business', this is a 'group purchase'.

As a kid I used to work in the rag-trade for a lovely old school 'Yiddisher boy'. He was an education,  and I miss him lots. Once in while we'd get walk-ins. They'd have a disposition or use a language which made it clear they'd never bought and sold for profit in their lives. Like lambs to the slaughter, we'd smile graciously, and greet them with the words...

Then we'd introduce Mr Bunce. One of us would step forward. Bunce is profit. Lots of it. The best bit would come a few weeks later - they might be back, and ask for that nice "Mr Bunce". I've been Mr Bunce, many, many times.

Alice B

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 3144
  • .:
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2019, 03:50:02 PM »

It's worth noting who might be interested in the timer/relay mini loom on the list as well.

Cost would be around £30 each if we get less than 25 ordered, around £25 each if we get more.

Robin

Definitely interested in the wiring and relay kit for the pair of screens I've put down for.

Alice

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2019, 06:14:49 PM »

Agreed, we shouldn't get into anything as tawdry as 'business', this is a 'group purchase'.

As a kid I used to work in the rag-trade for a lovely old school 'Yiddisher boy'. He was an education,  and I miss him lots. Once in while we'd get walk-ins. They'd have a disposition or use a language which made it clear they'd never bought and sold for profit in their lives. Like lambs to the slaughter, we'd smile graciously, and greet them with the words...

Then we'd introduce Mr Bunce. One of us would step forward. Bunce is profit. Lots of it. The best bit would come a few weeks later - they might be back, and ask for that nice "Mr Bunce". I've been Mr Bunce, many, many times.

Ah, thank you for clarifying.

I am well aware of profit - we all need to live.

In this particular case it was less clear - this is a forum associated with a club. The work done by Wittsend and Scotty38 in keeping the forum going is voluntary and unpaid (and very much appreciated). The work done by the club officials is similarly voluntary and unpaid. There are also various club-based deals which happen from time to time for the benefit of the members and the club as a whole, rather than personal renumeration of any individual.

There are some people who post offers to sell things, others who design something and get it manufactured, some who propose to 'batch buy' something and sell it at a fixed price if they can get sufficient interest together. I would imagine it is pretty clear that they will be ensuring they at least cover their costs and beyond that it is up to them what pricing strategy they adopt.

This thread is less obvious since the earlier posts were enquiring about the feasibility of a group purchase and nobody had stepped in and offered to run it as a business proposition. I therefore hadn't appreciated that when you volunteered to handle logistics this was on a profit-generating basis rather than for the benefit of the club and its members.

Since this is now clarified, it would be useful if you could establish how much you will be wanting for your services, alongside the price you can negotiate for the screens based on what minimum order quantity as a group. That way, when the money is being sorted out we will know how much we are dealing with per head.

Alec

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2019, 06:39:22 PM »

It's worth noting who might be interested in the timer/relay mini loom on the list as well.

Cost would be around £30 each if we get less than 25 ordered, around £25 each if we get more.

Robin

I have added this information to the first post.

As with screens - if anyone is interested in the timer/relay mini loom, please could you add this below and I will update the list accordingly.

Cheers

Alec

582LTR

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 616
  • .:
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2019, 06:51:11 PM »

I do not have a business and might be able to organise something after the 2/1. My concern is that I do not want to be left out of pocket and I would not want my available monies tied up for a long time. I suppose for organising and putting the money up I would want my set of screens as payment.

Martin

100+9

« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2019, 08:48:52 PM »

Ah, thank you for clarifying.

I am well aware of profit - we all need to live.

In this particular case it was less clear - this is a forum associated with a club. The work done by Wittsend and Scotty38 in keeping the forum going is voluntary and unpaid (and very much appreciated). The work done by the club officials is similarly voluntary and unpaid. There are also various club-based deals which happen from time to time for the benefit of the members and the club as a whole, rather than personal renumeration of any individual.

There are some people who post offers to sell things, others who design something and get it manufactured, some who propose to 'batch buy' something and sell it at a fixed price if they can get sufficient interest together. I would imagine it is pretty clear that they will be ensuring they at least cover their costs and beyond that it is up to them what pricing strategy they adopt.

This thread is less obvious since the earlier posts were enquiring about the feasibility of a group purchase and nobody had stepped in and offered to run it as a business proposition. I therefore hadn't appreciated that when you volunteered to handle logistics this was on a profit-generating basis rather than for the benefit of the club and its members.

Since this is now clarified, it would be useful if you could establish how much you will be wanting for your services, alongside the price you can negotiate for the screens based on what minimum order quantity as a group. That way, when the money is being sorted out we will know how much we are dealing with per head.

Alec

Free. However it needs to be dealt with on a 'business' footing. Any mention of a ''group-purchase' menas things won't go in our favour. For slow moving lines, a distributor has as many prices as buyers. I would hope all can see it would be dim to go in as the 'S2 club', for that owns up to two things:

1) We usually pay retail
2) This won't be a repeat buy

A distributor wants to hear the first in account of knowing the second. The is a reason B2B web sites don't publish prices. Else the wrong language and handling will cost us money.

Hopeydaze

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 2614
  • .:
« Reply #82 on: December 30, 2019, 03:52:40 PM »

Can you add me to the list of people wanting a loom as well - thanks.
David Hope (Hopeydaze)

Jesse411

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 4741
  • .:
« Reply #83 on: December 30, 2019, 07:05:24 PM »

Oops, forgot to ask for the mini looms as well please! Regards Hugh. :thud

willpgee

« Reply #84 on: December 30, 2019, 10:04:59 PM »

You've got me down (above) for a pair but I'd also like the timer/relay mini loom.  I'm very happy to pay may share of any expenses to get this off the ground.  Thank you so much for coordinating.  Will

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2019, 09:28:43 AM »

All added to the list.

Willpgee - I had already picked up on your interest in a relay, see first post, list of looms, line 2.

Alec

Wombat

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 6286
  • .:
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2020, 11:15:48 AM »

Hi Wombat here again,

Could you please put me down for 2 pairs and 2 looms, switches and associated bits, I might as well do my series 3 at the same time. Cheers Mike

Sheppy

• Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2020, 02:23:49 PM »

I did show interest earlier in the post for one screen, can I add one of those relays to it please.
Thanks
D

KLR875

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 6340
  • .:
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2020, 07:00:54 PM »

Please can you add the switch/relay to our order?
Thank you

WMD1969

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2020, 06:31:48 PM »

Please add the electrics to my request please.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.