S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated Screen Group Purchase  (Read 63117 times)

Rory

• Hub seal tester
Re: Heated Screen Group Purchase
« Reply #255 on: September 07, 2020, 07:27:58 AM »

I can and am willing to travel up to Reddich to pickup my screens. I will be in an Astra estate so I’ll have space to bring more down as far as Yeovil and I have secure storage for them.

Obviously I’d prefer to pick up closer to home but needs must when the devil vomits in your kettle.

Alan

• Chassis welder
  • .:
  • Keeper of XHJ 922
« Reply #256 on: September 07, 2020, 09:14:31 AM »

I can and am willing to travel up to Reddich to pickup my screens. I will be in an Astra estate so I’ll have space to bring more down as far as Yeovil and I have secure storage for them.

Rory, if you can bring my set down as far as Yeovil I am happy to pick them up from you.  I am happy to transport other sets to Tavistock, Devon if there are others who would like to pick them up from me.

Alan

Rory

• Hub seal tester
« Reply #257 on: September 07, 2020, 09:25:51 AM »

Rory, if you can bring my set down as far as Yeovil I am happy to pick them up from you.  I am happy to transport other sets to Tavistock, Devon if there are others who would like to pick them up from me.

Alan

Once somebody gives me info on when and where I’ll sort out picking them up.

Wombat

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 6286
  • .:
« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2020, 11:13:30 AM »

Hi, just wondering if there was a plan/actions required to enable collection of screen and looms at Rutland weekend on the 18-20th Sept?
Many thanks
Mike

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2020, 11:41:59 AM »

An update:

I had a discussion with the supplier yesterday, who is now back. He will issue me with an invoice for the first 50 sets (which have been paid for).

The invoice will also confirm details for arranging collection.

The screens are supplied with bullet connectors but these are being fitted in the UK due to a supply chain issue with the bullets. The person who will do this has been on furlough, but will be brought back in next week to make up the connectors and inspect the screens. This will take up to a couple of weeks.

Robin will need to send a batch of looms to the supplier, to go out with the screens being collected.

This means that realistically it would be possible to start collecting screens in the latter half of next week, say the 17th.

The remainder of screens which will go out through forum relay starting with me will be shipped in my direction. This can't happen until we close payment (as only one batch will be shipped to me). We are still waiting to hear back from around 15 people who requested screens but have not replied to Andy's email. It will help everyone if people could do this asap.

What this means in the short-term:

Rutland - if there is anyone who can pick up screens directly from Redditch next Thursday or Friday and get them to Rutland then that is practical. However, nobody has yet indicated that they are able to do this. Given the timeframe, the screens cannot get to Rutland having been shipped to me first. It would also be necessary for anyone who would prefer to get their screens at Rutland (or picked up for them by someone who is going) to confirm this as otherwise there is no idea on numbers.

Pick-up in person of your own personal screens but nobody else's: this is pretty much possible from next Thursday - watch this space for details.

Pick up as part of the relay: I need to cross-match all the screens, looms and locations. This is a major logistical exercise. It will be done before the screens are ready, but I need to cross-check the information to make sure all screens have a route to their destination. Therefore, if you are picking up in person and would be able to pick up screens for others at the same time, please could you hold off on arranging this until after the 20th so that I can make sure we take advantage of all opportunities to get screens moved.

Cheers

Alec

Fluffle-Valve

• Carawagon Owner
  • S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 2919
  • .:
  • So Love me, Love my Dogs.
    • Blogspot
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2020, 12:40:37 PM »

I'll be on my way to Rutland on the 17th September and setting up camp by midday. Collecting on the 17th is a day late for me. I do believe that most folk that are going to Rutland will be going on the 17th?
If possible, I can collect any screens going to Rutland on or before the 16th September? So either the 14th, 15th, 16th. Anytime during the day on the 16th would be good? I'll need the evening to pack them into my Landy ready for the morning trip to Rutland. I would also like to collect my own from Redditch.

Also, I can collect some screens on the 22nd/23rd September that need to go to Devils Bridge for collection over the weekend. I'll be at Devils bridge on the afternoon of the 24th till the morning of the 27th. Then I'm off home at around midday. If you live in the area of Devils Bridge or a decent drive from it and you want to collect from there, then let me know as soon as possible. I don't mind doing the trip to Redditch for the collection.
This is my Dormawagon.

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #261 on: September 08, 2020, 01:14:17 PM »

I'll be on my way to Rutland on the 17th September and setting up camp by midday. Collecting on the 17th is a day late for me. I do believe that most folk that are going to Rutland will be going on the 17th?
If possible, I can collect any screens going to Rutland on or before the 16th September? So either the 14th, 15th, 16th. Anytime during the day on the 16th would be good? I'll need the evening to pack them into my Landy ready for the morning trip to Rutland. I would also like to collect my own from Redditch.

Also, I can collect some screens on the 22nd/23rd September that need to go to Devils Bridge for collection over the weekend. I'll be at Devils bridge on the afternoon of the 24th till the morning of the 27th. Then I'm off home at around midday. If you live in the area of Devils Bridge or a decent drive from it and you want to collect from there, then let me know as soon as possible. I don't mind doing the trip to Redditch for the collection.

Rory - the screens you are collecting - it should be straightforward to get them as far as Bristol if that helps?

Thanks for the two offers here. I suggest that anyone who wants to pick up screens from you at Rutland or Devil's Bridge makes contact with you directly by PM. You can then confirm numbers and let me know which screens are going out that way. Anyone who wants to do this will need to let Fluffle-Valve know by the end of Sunday as the supplier needs 48hrs notice to ensure someone is on site and the screens are set aside and ready to go.

Robin, can you get the looms to Redditch in time?

Cheers

Alec

Robin

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 2811
  • .:
  • patNrob on old forum
    • Land Rover Classic Campers
« Reply #262 on: September 08, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »

Robin, can you get the looms to Redditch in time?

I should be able to, though I'll need an updated list of who's paid for the looms.

The last list I had from Andy was 28th Aug, Batch03.

If I have the updated list, and an address and contact for the Redditch site, I can get them sent off to arrive by Monday, I think  :cheers

Of course, there are still folk who haven't confirmed or paid, so I can only send down the ones I know about   :stars

Cheers,
Robin.

LRCC: Land Rover Classic Campers - 1967 Carawagon, 200TDi, completed & in use - 1972 109"quot SW Carawagon, 2.5NA, completed & in use - 1958 Carawagon project. - 1971 Carawagon project. - ! - 1974 Dormobile project.

Big-chris

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 3365
  • .:
« Reply #263 on: September 09, 2020, 02:50:24 AM »

I have agreed/organised with Robin to drive down to Redditch and collect as many screens as required heading for the Yorkshire area, the screens will be dropped off at Robins place the same day for future collection/relay, I can do this with a day or so notice so pretty flexible. Probably will aim for the end of next week or the beginning of w/c 20th as soon as we have confirmation given, If anyone would like their screens collecting who is happy to pick up from Robin towers near Wakefield then please get in touch, probably best to message/email Robin so you can organise your collection date also loom at the same time, no point your looms going south to be brought back up! Then if Robin has one list of people he knows what to expect and he can pass the info to Alec & me with regards to names and numbers for collection... all sounds very easy   :whistle

Will wait for further instruction  :tiphat
Never argue with an idiot! They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!

Robin

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 2811
  • .:
  • patNrob on old forum
    • Land Rover Classic Campers
« Reply #264 on: September 09, 2020, 11:28:41 AM »

Thanks Chris, a relay to Yorkshire will be a big help to some folk   :o

We were hoping folk would be able to come to the Wakefield pub meet to collect, but with the latest Covid-19 restrictions I don't think we can restart the pub meets for a while yet   :'(

However, as Chris says, they can be collected from my place, within a mile of J31 M62 (Normanton/Castleford junction), as long as Chris knows who he is collecting for.

Robin.

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #265 on: September 09, 2020, 01:57:32 PM »

Similarly, the relays for the screens being picked up by Chris do not need to be sent to Redditch first. Therefore, please could people get back to Chris/Robin quickly regarding whether they want to pick up their screens this way so that the remainder of the relays can be sent out ready for when people start collecting screens.

Thanks

Alec

espacekiller

• Chassis welder
« Reply #266 on: September 09, 2020, 05:45:55 PM »

Alec can you confirm if there was a spare set of screens available for me to come up with Chris to Robins.

BigLee

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 6741
  • .:
« Reply #267 on: September 09, 2020, 07:47:35 PM »

I’ll drop an email to Robin, but if mine can be in the batch that get collected and sent to robins that will be fantastic. I can collect from there pretty sharpish.  I have received loom already.

Thanks to volunteers getting all this organised.

Cheers Lee.

Paul4978

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6908
  • .:
« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2020, 08:56:33 AM »

I can pick mine up from Redditch, any lockdown changes allowing.
I can pick up Sheppy's and drop it off on my way home. I don't know if there are any others in S Wales who would like to pick up from mine.
I've already got my loom, many thanks Robin.
I just need to know when and where - I understand its after the 20th
cheers
Paul

lightweightles

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 2358
  • .:
« Reply #269 on: September 17, 2020, 02:26:25 PM »

Loom arrived this morning... thanks Robin … cheers Les.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 18 queries.