S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Heated Screen Group Purchase  (Read 63122 times)

Rory

• Hub seal tester
Re: Heated Screen Group Purchase
« Reply #360 on: October 22, 2020, 09:12:56 AM »

When and where do you want me to pick mine up from?

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #361 on: October 22, 2020, 09:18:26 AM »

Hi Rory, it's as per the relay arranged by email?

Rory

• Hub seal tester
« Reply #362 on: October 22, 2020, 09:56:36 AM »

Hi Rory, it's as per the relay arranged by email?

I think I'm missing a few emails as the last one i can recall seeing was about picking up from ether Bristol or Wedmore(?) but no timings of directions.

Ive probably cocked up somewhere but can you advise please?

JonA

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 4778
  • .:
« Reply #363 on: October 22, 2020, 10:48:48 AM »

rory,

i think from the last email i saw (16 oct) we are awaiting the pick up from the supplier for the batch coming our way.
I guess as soon as that is set up or done we'll be in position to sort out dates and directions.

cheers

Alan

• Chassis welder
  • .:
  • Keeper of XHJ 922
« Reply #364 on: October 22, 2020, 12:01:23 PM »

Hi Rory,

My pair of screens 'should' be with you sometime and I have said in the emails that I will pick up from you when you have them.

Alan

Rory

• Hub seal tester
« Reply #365 on: October 22, 2020, 02:08:15 PM »

Hi Rory,

My pair of screens 'should' be with you sometime and I have said in the emails that I will pick up from you when you have them.

Alan

This part I'm aware of, its the first part that i'm unsure of! lol

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #366 on: October 22, 2020, 02:14:27 PM »

All the links are in place in the delivery chain. It's currently waiting on Andy to transfer payment; once that's done, I will send out an updated email which will confirm quantities to be picked up/dropped off at each location. It should then be possible to proceed as fast as people can arrange each link.

Alec

Jesse411

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 4741
  • .:
« Reply #367 on: October 23, 2020, 05:31:42 PM »

This part I'm aware of, its the first part that i'm unsure of! lol
I am doing the first section of the run, collecting from Bromsgrove and delivery to Bristol. As Alec says, waiting for the payment to do sorted, then I'm on it......... :RHD
Cheers Hugh.

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #368 on: October 23, 2020, 06:25:25 PM »

Hi All,

The final payment has now been made. That means everyone should either have their screens or know how they are getting them.

If you are collecting from Bromsgrove, either for yourself or as part of a relay, please could you arrange collection asap. The way things are going, local lockdowns are becoming more frequent so it would be good to get the screens delivered before this becomes another barrier to contend with.

If you have already collected screens and think I may not be aware, please could you drop me a PM so I can cross you off the list.

Cheers

Alec

Fluffle-Valve

• Carawagon Owner
  • S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 2919
  • .:
  • So Love me, Love my Dogs.
    • Blogspot
« Reply #369 on: October 23, 2020, 07:16:13 PM »

Hi All,

The final payment has now been made. That means everyone should either have their screens or know how they are getting them.

If you are collecting from Bromsgrove, either for yourself or as part of a relay, please could you arrange collection asap. The way things are going, local lockdowns are becoming more frequent so it would be good to get the screens delivered before this becomes another barrier to contend with.

If you have already collected screens and think I may not be aware, please could you drop me a PM so I can cross you off the list?

Cheers

Alec

I bet there is within your soul a feeling of relief and satisfaction that this Heated Screen thing is nearly over?
I am more than thankful to you for having taken on this task. I know first hand that it is not easy.
You'll be able to put the paracetamol away for a while now and let the brain relax.

Thanks again for sorting this.
This is my Dormawagon.

MWAD7

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 5597
  • .:
« Reply #370 on: October 24, 2020, 07:11:16 PM »

I thought it might be worth sharing a couple of learnings from this afternoon.

It has taken me almost exactly four hours to get from old-screen-on to new-screens-curing-on-the-kitchen-table.

I followed Witsend’s advice to lift the roof and get the screen down - bottle-Jack next to the transmission tunnel and a post balanced on it up to the roof.

I found it quite difficult to remove the screws from the retaining bars - the bottom two strips were basically immovable - but I was able to remove the screens with them still in place. I then used a blast of heat on each of the remaining screws and this helped free them. Maybe a dollop of copper grease on refitting....?

The foam padding squares are quite handy to cut down and use as spacers as Witsend suggested - up them in place once the sealant is in place, obvs.

The fly leads for the screens are in awkward positions - I’ve got the screen mounted wiper motors too, so I decided to make sure the fly leads exit the screen well clear of this area. I ended up cutting the bottom retaining strip between the second and third holes from each end - removing just enough for the width of the wire.

I have assumed (too late now to change) that the screens are oriented so that the safety markings are readable from the outside. The fly leads seem to terminate near the centre of the screens and I assume that there’s nothing special about either of the two faces of the screen.

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #371 on: October 24, 2020, 07:24:12 PM »

You're right - orientation of the glass in the frame - "inside out, outside in" doesn't matter.
You would normally fit so the glass markings are readable from the outside, but it doesn't really matter unless you are an obsessive perfectionist.

:cool
Who's a then ?

MWAD7

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #372 on: October 24, 2020, 07:36:00 PM »

Phew!

Forgot to add (at least two missing t’s from Wittsend references ;)) and that paint thinners cleaned up residual dumdum and other goo from the frame. A finger belt sander was prefect to flatten raised welds (and is quite a useful tool generally).

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #373 on: October 24, 2020, 07:48:09 PM »

Phew!

Forgot to add (at least two missing t’s from Wittsend references ;)) and that paint thinners cleaned up residual dumdum and other goo from the frame. A finger belt sander was prefect to flatten raised welds (and is quite a useful tool generally).

I hope you too wedged it in place with a few fifties. It won't work otherwise...

Alec

MWAD7

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #374 on: October 24, 2020, 09:17:12 PM »

Trouble is, I live in Scottingland and I think ours are probably plastic....😁
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.