S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: .. Selling Parts Out Of UK ..  (Read 4496 times)

Ndrwdz

• Shop Manager
  • S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3755
  • .:
Re: .. Selling Parts Out Of UK ..
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2021, 02:52:14 PM »

It's pretty simple, basically as the rest of the world as you said, to avoid duty at the other end you will need to state the country of origin, if the parts are made in the UK plus you will need to state a manufacturer, the order will become tariff free and VAT will not apply as they are now classed as a Z code, the only thing you have to make sure is the description of the item is accurate - you can't just put car parts, you will also require an EORI number which if you are VAT registered you can get easily any way.

If you would like a copy of one of my invoices to give you an idea of the layout let me know.

RobS

That would be very helpful, thank you
If you could send to [email protected] then I will have a look.

Andrew
[ºº]O O[ºº]

Ndrwdz

• Shop Manager
  • S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2021, 01:31:15 PM »

I have today received the first shop order for the EU since the end of 2020.
I'll post up about my experiences...

Andrew
Club Shop Manager

PTT

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6528
  • .:
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2021, 10:07:25 AM »

Very interesting to see the problem from your side and I'm sorry to hear that its gone this way for you. I think that once things settle down a bit perhaps it will become easier for everybody.

I'm just thinking if there is a way we could possibly help overseas S2C members to get round this sort of grief. Worth a thought...

Good morning.

There is a thread on Le Temps de Series forum where the members have listed their experiences (and increased costs) since January first. One member's suggestions is that he sells his collection of Land Rovers and buys something European......... and more reliable.

We have 120 bottles of wine in the cellar as a Christmas present for our son. He was unable to collect due to Covid. Now it will take him 5 trips to get his Christmas present back to the UK.

The offer of helping overseas members is very kind. But my understanding is that even if I purchase parts in person in the UK and put them in the boot of my car for the return trip they should still be declared as an export and then as an import and VAT and duty paid.

Maybe Britpart will open a warehouse in Belgium to protect their EU sales..............

Have a good weekend all,
Stephen  :tiphat

1965 Pastel Green 88"quot Utility, LHD diesel.
1971 Limestone 109"quot Station Wagon, LHD diesel.

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2021, 10:13:58 AM »

Maybe Britpart will open a warehouse in Belgium to protect their EU sales..............

Now you mention it, I think one of the big suppliers does have a warehouse in the EU. I can't remember which one or where, but I'll do some research. I've got some good connections at Allmakes and Britpart, so will do some research. It affects me as well as I come from Ireland and face the same issues.
1965 88" Station Wagon
1968 Rover 1 Air Portable

vod80

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6312
  • .:
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2021, 11:12:04 AM »

One member's suggestions is that he sells his collection of Land Rovers and buys something European......... and more reliable.

But, what would you get that’s cheaper? Mercedes Benz parts prices make your eyes water, Citroen the same. Even Renault 4s and 5s are expensive to buy and then you’re into a world of welding! I can’t imagine what it’s like trying to find bits for a Simca!

I think that Land Rovers are going to be a bit more expensive but they’re still relatively cheap and well supported. We’ll get used to the new status quo...
Not getting anywhere, fast

Ndrwdz

• Shop Manager
  • S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • .:
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2021, 09:54:05 AM »

We've now sent two packages from the UK to the EU, one to France and one to Italy.

They both seem to have arrived OK with no additional fees charged to the recipients.
I think the packages took slightly longer than they would have done last year, but they get sent as large letters rather than on a 48-hour service, so timings have always been a little erratic.

Hopefully this augers well for the future.

Slightly OT, there are currently packages winging their way to Australia, Kansas and Chile, so we do manage to spread the Series 2 word right round the globe.

Andrew
Club Shop Manager

rusty66

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 3939
  • .:
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2021, 06:25:43 PM »

I’ve just received a rad from Moogling - thanks, Matt!
In addition to the shipping costs I had to pay “handling” charges of 14 € directly to the courier (dpd) and prior to delivery.
I’ve heard similar reports from several friends here in Germany about parts shipments from the UK. One of them had bought axle parts and had to pay 90€ (incl. postage). In comparison to 5£ before Brexit for delivery!
For me the 14 quid were worth it, but of course I will sorely miss the time before Brexit when I got all my spares and consumables from the big suppliers in the UK.
I hope I’ll be able to travel to the UK later this year and will stock up on the typical spares. I had also planned to buy a new chassis this year. I wonder what that will cost me ...
Selling the Landies is not an option. But owning an affordable classic has suffered a bit of a blow.
1964 SWB
1964 LWB Carawagon
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.