S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much for 2.25 petrol runner these days  (Read 2645 times)

agg221

• Swivel King
Re: How much for 2.25 petrol runner these days
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2021, 10:36:29 PM »

Prices seem to have rocketed for petrol engines and collapsed for diesel engines, which is odd for a historic vehicle but that's the way of it.

My spare complete, nearly running (head needs valves doing for unleaded) 151 engine cost me £20 all in from Glencoyne ten years ago. These days, it's rare to see a petrol in any condition make less than £250 on Ebay auctions. They do come up, so it's worth waiting unless you are desperate for it right now. I could hazard a guess as to where to find one close to what you are looking for though and the price would be reasonable - I'll drop you a PM.

Alec

gatekrash

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 1943
  • .:
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2021, 04:58:10 PM »

Prices seem to have rocketed for petrol engines and collapsed for diesel engines, which is odd for a historic vehicle but that's the way of it.

My spare complete, nearly running (head needs valves doing for unleaded) 151 engine cost me £20 all in from Glencoyne ten years ago. These days, it's rare to see a petrol in any condition make less than £250 on Ebay auctions.

Alec

I've got a 2a 2.25 petrol sat in my garage which was a breakdown garage rebuild (for their tow truck) and has never been fitted to a vehicle since its rebuild. It's immaculate, i'm just waiting for the engine i've already got fitted to go pop before it gets used.

Cost me £20 from a guy on ebay about ten years ago. I was the only bidder. He had someone else interested but they wanted to know who had rebuilt it and if he had any documents before they would bid ! Times have definitely changed.

agg221

• Swivel King
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2021, 06:48:13 PM »

I've got a 2a 2.25 petrol sat in my garage which was a breakdown garage rebuild (for their tow truck) and has never been fitted to a vehicle since its rebuild. It's immaculate, i'm just waiting for the engine i've already got fitted to go pop before it gets used.

Cost me £20 from a guy on ebay about ten years ago. I was the only bidder. He had someone else interested but they wanted to know who had rebuilt it and if he had any documents before they would bid ! Times have definitely changed.

Funnily enough, the vehicle for which I have the spare engine was also originally a breakdown garage tow truck, although it does not appear to have ever had a crane fitted. It did have a truck cab with light (which has gone) and a factory-fitted capstan winch from new (which is still there) though.

On a related point, you can see it is just on the turn for gearboxes, diffs and axles. On a good day you can get a diff and axle for £25 but some are up over £150 now. Gearboxes in unrebuilt condition are ranging from £40 to £200 or so (both figures are excluding the utterly unrealistic 'Ebay rare' offerings). I doubt these prices are going to drop, given the finite supply.

Alec

Alec
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.