S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rubbish Tip charges  (Read 1586 times)

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
Re: Rubbish Tip charges
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2022, 11:01:28 AM »

Hardcore and soil, at Kent sites, costs £4 a bag, with a maximum amount of five bags a day.

Fly tipping has soared here, and the idea that clearing up each incident costs £27 a go stretches credibility way beyond breaking point.

Quite agree - the £27 sum has been massaged.
They say it costs hundreds of pounds to fill in a few potholes or even more for street signs and lamp posts.
I would say you can easily add a "0" to that £27. In other words fly tipping cost a lot more to clear up than they are admitting.

:shakeinghead

Who's a then ?

Smokey 11a

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 6784
  • .:
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2022, 05:33:19 PM »

Our tips a nightmare, filled the series 2a went to the tip, got refused @it's trade mate', They were not aware that historic cannot be used as trade. Went home put all the stuff in the back of my Range Rover, perfectly exceptable, same 'Jobs worth' you couldn't make it up.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2022, 07:23:01 PM »

Plasterboard is also recyclable but is even more expensive as here it has to go into special landfill .

Hi,

I have read that it is cheaper to recycle plasterboard than it is to "make" it from scratch.

Apparently plasterboard is hazardous waste ... it leaches a mild acid when wet. Or do they just say it does, to encourage us to do the segregation for them.

"Quick evacuate the house, the roof has started to lead ... I saw a drip!"

How long before the local chippy has to put warnings on the vinegar bottle.  Car batteries? Torch batteries? OK, if Fido swallows a tiny torch battery, it won't do him much good. How many little hearing aid batteries get swallowed by young children?

Gibbo103

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 5172
  • .:
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2022, 02:36:38 PM »

It appears that not all Norfolk county council recycling centres are applying the same policy. Just been to the one near Sheringham and they say that they will be charging for diy waste for the foreseeable future.

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2022, 03:03:07 PM »

It seems to me that the tips are run by ex East German border guards  :shakeinghead

Depends very much on who you get on the day.

I find it helps to roll up in the LWT (with to without the Sankey). They spend a lot of time admiring the LWT whilst I get on with the unloading  :cheers

The diktat regarding dropping council tip charges in England hasn't been agreed yet.
We/I assume that it will be "passed" and recalcitrant councils will have to toe the line.
This could take up to a year. I'm sure there are plenty of outraged citizens who will challenge councils who do not drop the charges.

:dustcart
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 18 queries.