S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The latest project has been collected.  (Read 2632 times)

island dormy

• Master of the oils
  • .:
Re: The latest project has been collected.
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2023, 03:22:03 PM »

Hi Jim

You are welcome, its also best to mark the parts (front back left and right) so they go back onto the same bunk they came off of. My bunks are slightly different the fronts or backs are slightly wider, I think this helps them stay snapped open? Maybe?

I put plastic plugs into the long bars and used screws to install the plastic caps that protect the fabric of the bunk. My 62 had screws the 69 used rivets to hold the plastic pieces on.

Victor
1962 Dormobile (in the family since 1964)
1969 Nada Dormobile

888NJO

• Chassis welder
    • Jim Bradford
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2023, 04:17:35 PM »

Hi Jim

You are welcome, its also best to mark the parts (front back left and right) so they go back onto the same bunk they came off of. My bunks are slightly different the fronts or backs are slightly wider, I think this helps them stay snapped open? Maybe?

I put plastic plugs into the long bars and used screws to install the plastic caps that protect the fabric of the bunk. My 62 had screws the 69 used rivets to hold the plastic pieces on.

Victor

Some good advice there Sir thankyou. Luckily ive only stripped one today as ones Mother is going to prepare the new bunks. (ex seamstress). With some forethought i marked the tubes and one bracket, so no future disappointment takes place..

No much occurring this weekend due to family visiting - trying out there new caravan  :o

More to follow

Kind regards
Jim
 :cheers :cheers :cheers

888NJO

• Chassis welder
    • Jim Bradford
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2023, 05:36:41 PM »

Not allot going on these last few weeks.

Stone seperating for potatoes & a shade under 500 acres is taking its time what with the weather.

However stripping of the roof furniture is progressing slowly.. Rain this week on & off so hopefully ill get some hour in !!!

Fingers crossed

Kind regards
JIM :cheers :cheers :cheers
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.