S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good contact person at Exmoor Trim  (Read 563 times)

gormless_greasemonkey

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • Member no : 7492
  • .:
Good contact person at Exmoor Trim
« on: May 15, 2023, 01:57:19 PM »

Does anyone have a decent contact at Exmoor Trim I can contact about an issue I have been having? I can't get past the 'front end' and am getting nowhere.

My issue is as follows. Last November for my birthday my wife bought the full front moulded matting system. It sat in it's box until time and weather permitted me to think about installing it, which was a couple of months ago. When I started to look into what is required to get it into my military 2a, I realised it was going to be a massive effort with cutting required in places it wasn't intended to be cut. I therefore asked Exmoor if they would exchange it for (eg) some deluxe front seats, acknowledging that it was way beyond their 30 day return period. They asked for photos to evidence its as new condition, which were duly sent. Two months passed with me contacting them by email or phone at least twice a week and being told by the only person I could get to respond that the "RMA team" were very busy, didn't work Friday (etc). Last Friday they finally told me that the return time had long ago expired and wouldn't accept the return.

I would at least like to have a go at asking someone with more decision making powers whether there might be a more 'business oriented' approach that could be taken. If anyone can help that would be great.

Simon1959

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6929
  • .:
Re: Good contact person at Exmoor Trim
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 03:01:31 PM »

I dealt with John Rayson over my hood and seats and found him very responsive and helpful. As to him having the ability to approve something, I don't think he is particularly senior in the Exmoor business, but you never know.

[email protected]
Direct: +44 (0) 1984 606027

LN11AAB498A

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 7099
  • .:
  • 2A or not 2A that is the question Will Shakespeare
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 04:05:17 PM »

Try addressing your letter -  "Personal & Private" to Andrew, Managing Director.

This will at least get you past the "Front End".
Fred

Blessed are they who endure life with a silly name

gormless_greasemonkey

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 04:23:10 PM »

Thanks guys. I’ll try the Andrew route. At the outset of the process it was John who asked me to send photos to a Jake. After that I was lost in the “machine”.

Dopey

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 8197
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 06:07:23 PM »

Roads? Who Needs Roads.

Get more than 3 pensioners together and they will form a committee.

Been with the S2C since 2002

gormless_greasemonkey

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 06:17:09 PM »

Thank you. I am hoping he is business oriented enough to want a happy customer with their seats in the vehicle and a story to tell of how reasonable and flexible they are….as opposed to the opposite.

Simon1959

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6929
  • .:
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 06:33:45 PM »

I fear not... I have just found another email exchange with Exmoor back in January 2021. It was with Sandy, the sales office manager and I note it had Andrew Horton on copy (although a slightly different email address). I didn't receive a reply, which is disappointing given I had taken the time to write to them.

Dear Sandy,

The parts arrived as you advised in your email. I have to say, that I wasn't very impressed with the quality of the two upright parts. The hole drilled through the ends were not properly deburred, leaving sharp edges which is not ideal with a fabric hood. The holes drilled through were not round.  I am not sure quite how a hole could be drilled that is pear shaped. I have rectified both items but I shouldn't have to do this.

Whilst I am very happy with my hood, I am however concerned by the experiences of others within the Land Rover Series 2 Club. Their comments are in the public domain so you might wish to take a look. The consensus of many Series Land Rover owners is that Exmoor Trim hoods are not a patch on what they used to be. The issue is their useful life. Where once they seem to set the gold standard in longevity, they are now widely seen as failing after a short period and inferior to your competitors. Not something I am happy reading having just received mine. I thought you should know.

Regards

Simon

gormless_greasemonkey

• S2C Member
  • Gear shifter
  • .:
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 06:56:30 PM »

Hmm, I am surprised they didn't reply to that and agree it doesn't augur well. I'll keep this thread posted.

Leon

• Hub seal tester
  • .:
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2023, 12:39:04 PM »

I have noticed that the 2B Forward Control hoods are not listed on the (now useless) Exmoor website, but four types of the 101's hoods are.
So i e-mailed them to asked for a price of their 'Series 2B FC Hood in Sand, EXT256-2SAC'
The reply that arrived was less than helpful;

Please see the link below for all of our forward control hoods:
https://www.exmoortrim.co.uk/101-forward-control-hood.html
Thank you and have a lovely day.
Kind regards, Oli Greenway. Sales Administrator - Exmoor Trim.

The link was of no use to me, i still don't have the price for the 2B. In their videos, Andrew states that all his staff are 'Land-Rover enthusiasts'. It would appear that this 'Sales Administrator' doesn't know the difference between a 2B FC & a 101 FC.

112602729 Fire Tender
112801540 Hard Top
28700207A 1963 2a Forward Control
1992 D90 Tdi
1993 R-R Tdi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.