S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacment Chassis & Bulkhead  (Read 882 times)

IronChicken

Replacment Chassis & Bulkhead
« on: July 05, 2021, 06:00:47 PM »

After roughly a fifteen year absence from Land Rovers, in the next few months I'm considering purchasing a non running Series 2a as a project for myself and my Son, the plan would be to salvage as much as possible and put it on a galavanised chassis and bulkhead so it at least out lives me! What are the pitfalls and things to consider, do i just need to make sure all the documentation and numbers match or is there more to it? Are there any red tape issues to be aware of when transferring components over to a new chassis?

Wittsend

• Administrator
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • .:
Re: Replacment Chassis & Bulkhead
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 06:10:30 PM »

:-\ Don't buy a vehicle with no documents. The V5C and registration number must match.
No paper work - walk away.

Stamp the new chassis with the original chassis number as it appears on the V5C and the registration number is correct. Then destroy/cut up your old chassis. This stops someone building up a vehicle with the same chassis number  :shakeinghead Have photographic evidence and include something like a newspaper with the date and headlines to show when you did it.
If the old dumb iron has the chassis number stamped on it still - often these get replaced and the numbers is lost, but if you have the number, cut it from the chassis remains and keep it in your den/man cave.
You shouldn't have any problems, but you'll be covered if you do.

You do NOT inform the DVLA of the chassis change (assuming it's like-4-like).

You do need to inform your insurers and agree on a value for the rebuilt vehicle.

:RHD
Who's a then ?

IronChicken

Re: Replacment Chassis & Bulkhead
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2021, 04:51:24 PM »

Brilliant thank you very much
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.