S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Insurance,  (Read 2586 times)

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:
Re: Insurance,
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2022, 10:44:33 AM »

There's a blast from the past. Haven't heard the term Fleetline for years! I had two of those - really great basic Range Rovers - just what they should always have been. the calibrated speedo always raised a few eyebrows though!
1965 88" Station Wagon
1968 Rover 1 Air Portable

The Shed

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 33
  • .:
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2022, 07:48:42 PM »

There's a blast from the past. Haven't heard the term Fleetline for years! I had two of those - really great basic Range Rovers - just what they should always have been. the calibrated speedo always raised a few eyebrows though!
Where they white with black bonnet by chance ?
That was the preffered scheme in the Northwest.

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2022, 08:45:57 PM »

They were all white  from the factory. Each force then did what they wanted to them. There was talk of reintroducing the program for Defender nd Discovery 1, but it never came to anything. Not much to strip out of a Defender and a Discovery 1 was pretty basic already.

The Shed

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 33
  • .:
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2022, 09:53:27 PM »

Vaguely recall dozens of them on the M62 some years back when there was a bad snowfall and hundreds where trapped in the snow over Windy Hill.
Motorway Rangerovers from all over; Merseyside, Cheshire, Lancashire, Yorks and GMP.
That was of course back when each area had it's own M'way patrols. Not now their centralised and hugely reduced.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2022, 06:27:15 AM »

Hi,

My bungalow was built in 1984, with a detached brick-build, tiled roofed, "edifice" in the garden, presumably described as a garage in the sales spiel.
The external dimensions are 9ft wide, by 21ft long. An S2 with truck cab cannot drive under the up and over door.. the garage roof trusses appear to be identical to those in the bungalow roof .... 45* pitch, 21ft span (presumably the bean-counter decreed it would be that way.  ???)

I have decided that it will function as a "man cave".

There is room for a 9-metre campervan in my "garden extension", which has a 2-metre high fence, and lockable gates. I hope that will enable a future owner to obtain camper van insurance without paying storage fees.

OT, I believe any area of land may be used for any purpose, without Planning Permission, for 28 days in a year, OTHER THAN as a caravan site, an open air market, and motor racing, all of which are restricted to 14 days. But check that, it's been a long time since I looked at the ACT.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 18 queries.