S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driving licence entitlement in the future.  (Read 1596 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
Re: Driving licence entitlement in the future.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2022, 06:37:49 AM »

Hi Shed,

While I was managing a DISABLED LICENCE TEAM at DVLC, one of my staff handed me her phone at the request of the caller. The lady was 80, twice my then age, who admitted she had had a fit, but denied it was an epileptic (sp?) fit.

I asked if she had wet herself?

"Yes!"

"Hmmm! Not a good sign!"

The next time she phoned, she demanded to speak to me.

PS. In the early days of DVLC, an anonymous letter was received.  "Dear Sir ... Your computer is sick ... I hope it dies ..."

PPS. What do you do, when the computer is programmed to reject the 29th of February as a date of birth, unless it is a leap year, and a member of the public produces their Birth Certificate to prove that they were born on an impossible date? It did happen ... we let the programmers wangle that one through through the system. More common is a man insisting that his "title" is Miss or Mrs.

PPPS. Most holders of British Driving Licences will be aware that their Driver Number includes their date of birth, but jumbled so it cannot be easily read. The DoB will also be shown (in clear) in one corner, so the ladies in our midst can scissor of this offensive information. DVLA are all heart.

The Shed

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 33
  • .:
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2022, 11:07:39 AM »

My son had his Provisional Licence stolen about two years ago. He had to send a hand written letter and an application form to replace, Oh, and the fee.
Duly done, the licence was replaced, with his name mis-spelt. No easy way of explaining to DVLC, but more forms filled, letter written and a copy of original licence showing correct spelling.
Yes, you guessed Licence returned, exactly the same. Following a very long and expensive phone call, where we where told DVLC cannot make that mistake it must be us.
Pretty sure he can spell his own name but whatever, it was still wrong, can we have correct one please.
Got there in the end. YAY !   :thud

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2022, 02:46:36 PM »

Hi Shed,

I usually take a photocopy of my applications, both driver and vehicle, and often include a surrupticious (sp?) date,somewhere where it won't be noticed, but able to be found on the micro-film copy.

From memory DUPLICATE licences are charged for, but REPLACEMENTS (necessary due to changes in the driver's data, such as change of name on marriage, change of address, etc, are free)

I cannot remember if EXCHANGE licences, due to passing a, (or another) driving test are chargable. I suppose, arguably, adding another group to your entitlement is optional, and solely for your own benefit.  Where possible, you should try to get all changes added at the same time as a mandatory change, like changing your address.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.