S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: On everybody's topic.  (Read 3952 times)

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
On everybody's topic.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2019, 07:21:32 PM »

Hi,

If you are into old trains, I assume you have seen the film The Titfield Thunderbolt I suspect this film was based on the Marples/Beeching affair.

In one scene, a locomotive went down the high street, not on rails. I can't remember if there was a driver on board.

Are old films readily available on disc? If so, I wonder if the Pickersgill Flasher is available?  Not as raunchy as the ttitle suggests (Oh yes it was!) Shown on TV ... utter silence in our RAF station TV room.

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
On everybody's topic.
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »

Hi,

Yes, the Pickersgill Flasher is listed on Ebay. Oh well, that sorts out my Xmas stocking.

So is The Green Mares Nest, but I think it's a different film. My Brother in Law is a journalist (One time Arts Correspondent for The Times), although he did have an article about raising the RESURGEN (submarine). Correct name? Correct spelling? He was also the Information/Press Officer for a MOD (Major equivalent, but not same pay scale),  also the V&A.

I'll ask him what he can find out.

Porkscratching

• Master of the oils
  • .:
  • I know nothing!...nothing..!
On everybody's topic.
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2019, 07:39:17 PM »

Yep seen the TT many times , great fun, not heard of the other one, tho if it can reduce a mess full of British servicemen to stunned silence it must be worth a look.. :agh
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.