S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sealey 3 ton hi-lift jack  (Read 428 times)

Billy

• Chassis welder
Sealey 3 ton hi-lift jack
« on: June 14, 2023, 12:02:00 AM »

I bought a Sealey 3 ton jack about 7 years ago, had minimal use half a dozen times) started to leak, topped up a couple of times, dumped under the bench and forgot about. I decided to buy a seal kit, stripped it down and found two machined grooves in the cylinder to prevent over pumping at travel limit had never been deburred. Ram seal scored, I thought I would stone the grooves back and fit the new seals. Wrong, the main hydraulic seal is not in the repair kit, in fact is not available, individual components for the hydraulic unit are not available, a new unit is half the price of a new jack. Telephoned Sealey and was told " never had a problem, out of warranty." Packet opened so can not send repair kit back. >:(     

Old Hywel

• S2C Member
  • Master of the oils
  • Member no : 6823
  • .:
Re: Sealey 3 ton hi-lift jack
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 12:06:34 AM »

A hydraulic  cylinder repair shop may well be able to supply a seal. Too bad it’s not available from the supplier.

• Master of the oils
Re: Sealey 3 ton hi-lift jack
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 11:55:53 AM »

I take it this is a sealey sealey jack not a sealey viking or prem as their warranty used to be better as did spares.

Maybe worth talking to hydraulic or seal supplier direct, get the dimensions and spec by measuring or sometimes they are printed on.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.