S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Defender vs Ineos Grenadier  (Read 5005 times)

diffwhine

• Acting Chairman
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 6762
  • .:
Re: New Defender vs Ineos Grenadier
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2022, 11:42:24 AM »

Probably time to let this one rest now. It certainly was not my intention to trigger any form of dispute.

Horses for courses!

I would add though that in line with most JLR products certainly in the LR stable, quality and reliability remains a big issue. the number of Ingenium engine failures I am aware of at present is really quite scary and I'm just thankful I handed in my warranty pen many years ago as I wsould not want the current issues on my watch. After 30+ years working with or for LR, it does sadden me that the company does not seem to be able to address some pretty basic quality issues. Equally, despite years of customer service campaigns the dealer network's ability to engage properly with their customer base is not great either. There is a pretender in the wings and if JLR are not careful, the Defender crown will be snatched from them.
1965 88" Station Wagon
1968 Rover 1 Air Portable

Worf

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3448
  • .:
    • Aberdaron B&B
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2022, 03:15:35 PM »

There is a pretender in the wings and if JLR are not careful, the Defender crown will be snatched from them.

There is actually another pretender now (if you have deep pockets and own a power station)

https://www.munro-ev.com/
"If tha knows nowt, say nowt an-appen nob'dee'll notice."

Jonny72

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 4370
  • .:
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2022, 09:01:20 PM »

By far, the New Defender is the best Land Rover yet in my view.  I’ve had several new Range Rovers, Discoverys, and the New Defender is absolutely superb - far better than a Series Off and on-road.  The attention to detail on the styling, externally and internally cleverly references the Series heritage, especially the Series 2.   Having said that, I’d not part with my characterful Series Land Rovers.  The New Defender is, after 70 years of evolution, clearly a very different vehicle to its predecessors.  But a worthy replacement for the Series/90/110/Defenders, and is quite different to the other JLR offerings.  If you’re sceptical, take one for a drive and then compare it to the Discovery and the Range Rover. No surprise there’s a long wait-time for these, even though the base price has now increased by approx 30% since launch.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.