S2C Forum Archives

Advanced search  

News:

Our new forum is open for business:-  New Forum
To use the new forum you will need to re-register.

Please don't post anything on this forum.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: South Wales Events/meets  (Read 876 times)

Spike68

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • Member no : 7977
  • .:
South Wales Events/meets
« on: August 19, 2022, 01:47:30 PM »

Good afternoon, New member here from Ystragynlais.
 Are there any events/ pub meets in  South Wales area?  I've emailed the area representative but the first one bounced, not sure if second one got through as no reply to date.
thanks
@spike_landrover1968
 Instagram

Peter Holden

• S2C Vehicle Registration Officer
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4528
  • .:
  • Peter Holden
Re: South Wales Events/meets
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 01:52:44 PM »

I have sent a message to your AR Richie Jones, hopefully he will contact you

Peter
A Yorkshireman on missionary duty in Lancashire

Spike68

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • .:
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 03:46:15 PM »

I have sent a message to your AR Richie Jones, hopefully he will contact you

Peter

Thank you Peter

Hopeydaze

• S2C Member
  • Hub seal tester
  • Member no : 2614
  • .:
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 10:19:33 PM »

I don’t know how active the South Wales group is. The powers that be in the Bristol area tend to invite South Wales members to our monthly meetings which take place on Saturdays mid month. 

w3526602

• S2C Member
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 3779
  • .:
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 04:33:25 AM »

Hi SPIKE68,

Ystradgylyais? It's been a few years since I lived near you .... Ynysmeudw, two hoots and a holler from Pondardawe. Barbara regularly used to top 100mph down the by-pass, on her way to work at DVLC, where she was Press Officer. If you can find your way to Patagonia Farm, they used to have scrap S2s that had ended their lives working in small coal mines, and were ready to be forked into a skip. I owned 7.5 acres up near the Gwrydd, where I kept a small herd of horses, plus goats, pigs, and orphan lambs in my "residential" garden. Nobody ever complained, not even when my Maran cockeral crowed at 02.30hrs every morning

There is, or was fairly recently, an S2 Club member living in Ynsymeudw - pronounced In-is-me-do, translates as Hermits Island, which is in the Swansea Canal).

If you can't find any S2 club contacts near you, try to contact the Swansea Historic Vehicle Register, assuming they are still active, who will (or would) accept old Land Rovers as members. If nothing else, you will meet people with similar age vehicles, and interests problems. If you come back to me, I can probably trace (subject to him being still alive) an old car enthusiast living near Ynysmeudw Infants School.

602 (now in Milton Keynes)

PS. I used to familiarise my foals to traffic by walking them up Pondarawe High Street, but a neighbour topped that by walking the same route with a Eagle Owl ... :thud ... on his shoulder.

Tom

• Master of the oils
  • Member no : 3375
  • .:
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 07:59:06 AM »

Not sure if you are a user of facebook, but the south Wales group have a fairly active following on there  :cheers
Richie doesn't tend to use the forum that much, but is quite active on facebook.  :tiphat

Peter Holden

• S2C Vehicle Registration Officer
  • Director
  • Lord of the Bearings
  • Member no : 4528
  • .:
  • Peter Holden
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2022, 04:19:04 PM »

Hi Spike

You can contact Richie on [email protected]

Peter

Grandadrob

• Master of the oils
  • More questions than answers.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2022, 05:40:16 PM »

Nice show tomorrow, 21st at Kington Herefordshire, on the town’s recreation ground. Really missed this one, it got stopped for three years.
1955 86inch petrol.
1960 88inch Diesel.
2013 FFRR SDV8 4.4

Spike68

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • .:
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2022, 10:44:50 AM »

Not sure if you are a user of facebook, but the south Wales group have a fairly active following on there  :cheers
Richie doesn't tend to use the forum that much, but is quite active on facebook.  :tiphat

Thanks, I've just sent a request to join

Spike68

• S2C Member
  • Chassis welder
  • .:
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2022, 10:47:47 AM »

Hi SPIKE68,

Ystradgylyais? It's been a few years since I lived near you .... Ynysmeudw, two hoots and a holler from Pondardawe. Barbara regularly used to top 100mph down the by-pass, on her way to work at DVLC, where she was Press Officer. If you can find your way to Patagonia Farm, they used to have scrap S2s that had ended their lives working in small coal mines, and were ready to be forked into a skip. I owned 7.5 acres up near the Gwrydd, where I kept a small herd of horses, plus goats, pigs, and orphan lambs in my "residential" garden. Nobody ever complained, not even when my Maran cockeral crowed at 02.30hrs every morning

There is, or was fairly recently, an S2 Club member living in Ynsymeudw - pronounced In-is-me-do, translates as Hermits Island, which is in the Swansea Canal).

If you can't find any S2 club contacts near you, try to contact the Swansea Historic Vehicle Register, assuming they are still active, who will (or would) accept old Land Rovers as members. If nothing else, you will meet people with similar age vehicles, and interests problems. If you come back to me, I can probably trace (subject to him being still alive) an old car enthusiast living near Ynysmeudw Infants School.

602 (now in Milton Keynes)

PS. I used to familiarise my foals to traffic by walking them up Pondarawe High Street, but a neighbour topped that by walking the same route with a Eagle Owl ... :thud ... on his shoulder.

Hi there, I was Landlord at the Pontardawe Inn 2006 -2009, know the area well.  I have been told that there is a guy with  "old landrovers" in Ynysmeudwy but not come across him yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.